Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 747 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post up your quotes and words of wisdom, serious or humorous. Have fun, but keep it somewhat acceptable. lol :beer:

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"We're like actors, turned loose in this world to wander in search of a phantom, endlessly searching for a half-formed shadow of our lost reality. When others demand that we become the people they want us to be, they force us to destroy the person we really are. It's a subtle kind of murder. The most loving parents and relatives commit this murder with smiles on their faces." - Jim Morrison

"Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more." -Erica Jong

"A man who doesn't spend time with his family, can never be a real man." -Don Vito

·
Super Moderator
10,949 Posts
Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut and still think that they are sexy.

·
Super Moderator
18,501 Posts
Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Ben Franklin 1706-1790

Alcohol is necessary for a man so that he can have a good opinion of himself, undisturbed by the facts.
Finley Peter Dunne 1867-1936

The only way to keep your health is to eat what you don’t want, drink what you don’t like, and do what you’d rather not.
Mark Twain 1835-1910

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
Its better to be hated for who you are, than loved for who you're not.

Sitting in Church doesn't make you any more of a Christian, than standing in the garage makes you a Cadillac.

·
Super Moderator
10,760 Posts
Jimmy Buffett quote for all you guys with ex wives.........

If the phone doesn't ring you'll know that it's me.

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
It's better to live alone in the corner of an attic than with a quarrelsome wife in a lovely home.

Proverbs 21:9

·
The Man In Black
127 Posts
Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it. Advice is a form of nostalgia, dispensing it is a way of fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off, painting over the ugly parts and recycling it for more than its worth.

·
Impalaforums.com
3,526 Posts
"I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters."
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
- Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)
I have often regretted my speech, never my silence."
- Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
"Delusions are often functional. A mother’s opinions about her children’s beauty, intelligence, goodness, et cetera ad nauseam, keep her from drowning them at birth."

" There is only one way to console a widow. But remember the risk."

"You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don’t ever count on having both at once."

"Courage is the compliment of fear. A man who is fearless cannot be courageous. (He is also a fool.)"

"The most preposterous notion that H. Sapiens has ever dreamed up is that the Lord God of Creation, Shaper and Ruler of all the Universes, wants the saccharine adoration of His creatures, can be swayed by their prayers, and becomes petulant if He does not receive this flattery. Yet this absurd fantasy, without a shred of evidence to bolster it, pays all the expenses of the oldest, largest, and least productive industry in all of history."

"Never crowd youngsters about their private affairs--sex especially. When they are growing up they are nerve ends all over, and resent (quite properly) any invasions of their privacy. Oh sure, they’ll make mistakes--but that’s their business, not yours. (You made your own mistakes, did you not?)"

" A whore should be judged by the same criteria as other, professionals offering services for pay--such as dentists, lawyers, hairdressers, physicians, plumbers, etc. Is she professionally competent? Does she give good measure? Is she honest with her clients? It is possible that the percentage of honest and competent whores is higher than that of plumbers and much higher than that of lawyers. And enormously higher than that of professors."

" The correct way to punctuate a sentence that starts: “Of course It is none of my business but--” is to place a period after the word “but.”"

"Formal courtesy between husband and wife is even more important than it is between strangers."

"Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other sins are invented nonsense. (Hurting yourself is not sinful--just stupid.) "

·
Super Moderator
18,501 Posts
Ah, yes, divorce... from the Latin word meaning to rip out a man's genitals through his wallet.
Robin Williams

Love, the quest; marriage, the conquest; divorce, the inquest.
Helen Rowland

If your parents never had children, chances are... neither will you.
Dick Cavett

“The difference between divorce and legal separation is that a legal separation gives a husband time to hide his money.” ~ Johnny Carson

·
Super Moderator
18,501 Posts
Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world.​

·
Super Moderator
10,760 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,760 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,949 Posts
Ineptocracy (in-ep-toc'-ra-cy)

- a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Whew !
I need a beer

1 - 20 of 747 Posts