Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so when i put some new wheels on the car, it is, of course, telling me low tire pressure on the led screen in the cluster. Well, I do not have a factory radio and that is how you are supposed to reset it. I was wondering if any one knew a different way to reset it.

BTW 2005 impala LS

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
The easiest way to reset it is to turn the ignition to accessories and pull the interior light switch on and off three times. That should reset it.
try that

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it got it off, but then when i turned the car off then back on it came back on again. I really dont want to have to pull out my cd player. I heard of one way was having something to do with the gas pedal? does that work with our cars as well?

Anywho, Ill figure it out. There is one more question that I had. I just put a set of 18" rims on the impala and I did not get a lock with any of the lugs. I need to know where to get a lock that will fit right. I was looking at Gorrilaz but I've never had to do that before so I do not know what I am doing. I need help with that. And there is a pic of the rims in my garage. 12 x 1.5.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
gas pedal is for the oil change..
Call the dealer tomorrow... they'll be able to help out, that was the only way i knew of.
Have you checkd your tire pressure?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes when i put the rims on, one of them had i flat from when i bought them. I didnt realize this and drove to the store, on the way back the light went off on me and i aired the tire back up. I just want that off of there. Its kind of annoying. And when you said call the dealer, where you talking about the tire pressure or the lugs?

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
He means to call Chevorlet about how to remove the "Low Tire" off of your dash cluster.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive had to do that before and they told me that it has to be done through the cd player and i dont have the time...well i do but i dont really feel like doing that, and the only other way to do it is to unplug the batt...but then i have to readjust my equilizer and capacitor...i just need to find an easy way of doing that.:frown:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
I have read somewhere in the past that some owners just relocate the original CD/Radio unit to the trunk where they can make the adjustments that are needed.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
ya theres a reloc kit for either the glove box or trunk, but he'd still hav eto pull the dash and redo his setup, which i think he is trying to avoid...

Im actually surprised someone hasnt come out w/ a RDS box so you dont have to keep the stock radio

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well, i think that maybe you should just patent the idea, then through it out to the dealerships and have them buy it from you:wink::biggrin::wink::biggrin:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Im actually surprised someone hasnt come out w/ a RDS box so you dont have to keep the stock radio

Funny you mention that.. For the 04 to 07 Malibus (not classic )& 08 malibu classic there is just that thing.. that is if you are referring to the data center thing.

I am looking to get a Malibu come next year so I been looking for things like that in case I install an aftermarket radio.

Shocked Impalas didn't have that themselves.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts