Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on TCM solenoid repair. Trying to get the TCM cover off. I have all the bolts out. I can not get this one wiring connector disconnected. Could use immediate input on how to disconnect it.

I assume the grey arm needs to be flipped to the right and then pull connector out. But I can not get it to budge. And afraid of trying to hard and breaking it.

Any input appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
The red "tab" connected is a locking mechanism to keep the connector from working itself out... remove that first and the gray tab should swing out. The connector will most likely dislodge simultaneously. I'd do so with care

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The red "tab" connected is a locking mechanism to keep the connector from working itself out... remove that first and the gray tab should swing out. The connector will most likely dislodge simultaneously. I'd do so with care
Yes, red connector was out when I was trying. There were two little tabs to the right side of the “arm”. Had to use screwdriver on the left side and kind of leverage the arm, gently up a bit and it swung over those finally. And once over, did push the connector out.

·
Registered
66 Posts
May ask what you are doing? Symptoms/drivability issues?

I'm messing with the stupid harness this week.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
May ask what you are doing? Symptoms/drivability issues?

I'm messing with the stupid harness this week.
For some time now I have had some weird shifting issues. Party throttle acceleration get some jerking like it won’t go in gear. WOT up to 50-60mph, let off and wouldn’t grab a gear - just free rev. And to top it off, had a P0989 code that keeps coming back after clearing it.

That code is for a solenoid issue in the transmission. Got the somebody repair kit and did that work yesterday. Have to pull that front cover and take the TCM out. Known issue with the 6T70 and 6T75.

As of test drive yesterday seems better and holding better in lower gears. Need to get some more miles on it. Have the stock tune back in it. Is good for few hundred miles going to load the Trifecta tube back in. Had been running that since about 15,000 miles on the car. It now has 102,000.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts