Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into getting a Overkill PCM for my '06 SS. I have heard good things about his Overkill PCM back when I had a '00 GTP and running ZZP mods.

I have few questions about this PCM

My SS is a dial driver but I want a little more out of it besides my K&N Air-intake. What gains could I see running this PCM? Also I'd like to have it tuned to 87 octane cause where I live in NY 91+ is so exspensive. Will having it tuned 87 octane still give me any gains? And last I read somewhere the turn around on recieving the PCM after it it ordered is a little bit of a wait, is that true?

I guess I'm looking for anyone using the Overkill PCM with LS4 motor to let me know what they think of it.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The tune will wake it up regardless of your other mods, but your car requires 91+ octane as it is, even if he can tune it down to 87, I'm not sure its a good idea. That being said, it usually seems to take about 2 weeks to get it after you order, not terrible, he is a busy man after all. He will adjust torque management, fuel tables, and shift points, you will notice a big difference right away. I have 2 of his tunes, a 3400 and a 3500, both are just awesome.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts