Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, I just bought a 88 Chevrolet Station Wagon. It has 85,000 original miles on it. And actually I'm the second owner of it now. It has the little 5.0-305 in it. I was wondering what can I do to put more power to the wagon. Add-on custom parts to it since it doesn't have that many miles on it or put a bigger motor or what. I mean I'm trying to get more power or what not, into a Big Wagon. Also around the bumpers (Front/back) its seperated from the body, what can I do for that...

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I try to stay away from the 305 but the older chevys had lots of them the only thing that i and many other mechanics would do w a 305 is maybe tear it down put a nice lifter and cam on it make sure everything looks good on tha inside and hope your motor has lots of years left in it ;) good luck w the wagon gotta love seeing those going down tha road :biggrin:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True. Well I mean like I said the car only got 85,000 miles on it. Although it could be another motor. But most likely, I will keep that motor & add a few things to it. To get more power. I know I'm going to throw some Flowmasters, on it. Just love the sound of power. Maybe a little hoodscoop & so on..

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey wanna put a 454 in my92wagon Get more pullin power.

every one keep saying drop a 350 but i dont wont to . i need some help on the ecm part pretty much everything else will line up. going with a 93 3500 454 tbi . snatch out the wires an computer then what prblems will i be looking into.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
every one keep saying drop a 350 but i dont wont to . i need some help on the ecm part pretty much everything else will line up. going with a 93 3500 454 tbi . snatch out the wires an computer then what prblems will i be looking into.
there was a 94??? im guessing wagon on ebay not to long ago w/ a blown 454 in it ,if that was still there u might be able to ask the guy that built it but idk if its still on there .......... my guess is motor and trans mounts although i think that the 92 might of had a 700r4??? so it might be the same trans layout ( used to have a 79?? 454 silverado w/ that trans i think my 1991 caprice had it also not to sure though ) not sure if ur still looking at this posting since u have 1 post but hope this helps peace:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts