Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK for those of you that don't know Flame exhaust is a little button you install in the car that retards the spark plugs in the engine allowing gas to pass into the exhaust where it is there ignited by a spark plug installed in the tail pipe.

Question does anyone have this and does it work on our cars? I heard it may not because of the cat.

Has anyone got one or heard about anyone having one?

·
Registered
358 Posts
FLAMER!!
jk :)

·
Registered
371 Posts
That's always popular at fall parades around here. I highly doubt it will work on your cars though!

The cat would stop part of it, but doing it would probably screw up O2 sensors which -could- also screw up your computer.

Just don't do it!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
lol poor wimpalas........ well answering ur question for us 6th gen guys .....

after i got my muffler delete (4/20/09) i noticed that if i rev my exhaust real real loud (scaring old people) that theres actually alot of gas that comes out of my dual exhaust......

so in other words it would work on my 6th gen but im not sure how good it would work w/ mufflers

but i can tell u right now if i had them theyd shoot at leat a 5 foot flame .....

ive always wanted the flame throwers but if i put them on anything its gna be my 1965 starfire because the exhaust come out of the side & point at the other cars next to u at a stop light so if u didnt like the ricer right next to u , you could just burn his paint off!!!!!!! or at least leave some nice big black smoke on his car lmao!!!!!!:eek::biggrin:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
There are kit's as Buffman say's. I've never heard of doing it the other way, nor would I attemp it, sound's like the ultimate backwoods type of thing.

·
Registered
358 Posts
lol poor wimpalas........ well answering ur question for us 6th gen guys .....

after i got my muffler delete (4/20/09) i noticed that if i rev my exhaust real real loud (scaring old people) that theres actually alot of gas that comes out of my dual exhaust......

so in other words it would work on my 6th gen but im not sure how good it would work w/ mufflers

but i can tell u right now if i had them theyd shoot at leat a 5 foot flame .....

ive always wanted the flame throwers but if i put them on anything its gna be my 1965 starfire because the exhaust come out of the side & point at the other cars next to u at a stop light so if u didnt like the ricer right next to u , you could just burn his paint off!!!!!!! or at least leave some nice big black smoke on his car lmao!!!!!!:eek::biggrin:
WHAT A FLAMER!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts