Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
allright had rear drum brakes with a 2.56 gear set with antilock adding rear disc brake with 3.08 gear set and antilock do i need to change sensor help thank you

·
Registered
12 Posts
allright had rear drum brakes with a 2.56 gear set with antilock adding rear disc brake with 3.08 gear set and antilock do i need to change sensor help thank you

Sensors are the same. There is a ring on the pinion bearing that gives the correct information to your ABS brakes. You will need to re-program your computer and I would suggest a "Stealth bolt mod" to be sure your brake bias is correct.

·
Registered
624 Posts
the swap is a piece of cake,your stock master cyl should work fine, had no problems, did half to change out my m/c it went forbar on me and i had the m/c from the donar car... u did need the driveshaft for the disc rear its shorter,and make sure u rebuild the brakes,use alot of brake grease on the pins they have a habit of freezing up

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Why would the DS need to be changed, the rear end mounts in the same spot, the housing is the same for disc or drum. As long as he has the reluctor ring for the 3.08's it should be fine

You will need to flash the PCM to correct the speedo/odo.
Your master cyl is the same, that's why everyone does the stealth bolt mod, because GM used the same MC for disc/drum & disc/disc.

Lets not make this anthill into a mountain. Providing all mounting bolts come apart without issues this should be an afternoon job in the driveway as far as old one out /new one in, even if you are not changing the whole housing it's self, any side work...I.E. brakes and stuff will of course take a little longer.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts