Impala Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its snowtime here in the northeast and you want to get your pride and joy out of the driveway! I messed up big time I missed shoveling in time
and the snow freezed up on top. so I had to shovel it sucked! so I bought
a snow blower from home depot saying you wont fool me twice now I am ready for the snow! anyway I bought the cheapest one I could find a
Toro 418zr with electric start $399.00 if you call that cheap? I was wondering what you guys use to clean your driveways?

·
Registered
625 Posts
I use a shovel and a 40 year old New Holland snow blower, the New Holland is just a rebadged and painted different Gilson Unitrol. Even after all these years it still runs and self propels great!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
100 Posts
The old single stage 2-cycle Craftsman I inherited from my father had worked great for about ten years. Then 5 years ago it died and I got a four cycle 2 stage craftsman, which worked great until it broke after just three seasons. The last two years have been the Ego electric snow blower. It works great on fluffy snow up to 8-10 inches or wet snow up to about 5 inches deep. It is not as powerful as an internal engine,it is mostly plastic and flexes more than I would like when I am really pushing into heavy snow, it is also not self propelled, . Those are the only two negatives. It cleans the snow right down to a perfectly clean driveway surface, it is light enough that I don't care so much about no self propel, no oil changes, no clogged carburetor, if I ever want any other electric lawn equipment the battery is interchangeable with other EGO products, etc... Cannot yet speak to longevity, but so far so good.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Luckily we haven’t had any significant snowfall yet this year (knock on wood). I have a snow blower, but it breaks down every year so the shovels see a lot of use. Not sure what brand it is, but it has to be at least 10 years old

·
Registered
405 Posts
Not in the northeast but I have a used Toro I got probably 6 years ago and it still works great beyond it leaks some gas while sitting.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well its snowtime here in the northeast and you want to get your pride and joy out of the driveway! I messed up big time I missed shoveling in time
and the snow freezed up on top. so I had to shovel it sucked! so I bought
a snow blower from home depot saying you wont fool me twice now I am ready for the snow! anyway I bought the cheapest one I could find a reversephonelookup.onl/ curated.onl/nba-reddit/ pcbuilder.onl/pcpartpicker/
Toro 418zr with electric start $399.00 if you call that cheap? I was wondering what you guys use to clean your driveways?
Thank you my issue has been solved,...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts