Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i own a base model 2005 chevy impala and the am/fm/cd player is scratching my cds. i want to add a aftermarket cd player a kenwood dpx302. am i gona have to relocate my original cd player anywhere in the vechile so that my aftermarket cd player would work or would i just need a specail harness:confused::confused: ? please help me on this

·
Registered
358 Posts
well when the shop put in my cd player they didnt relocate my factory one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i wasnt sure thats why im asking cuz ive called GM they said i need my stock radio cuz it has the memory for the car but other places say i dont need that so i figured i should ask around!

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
the factory reloc is just to keep your RD settings so you can reset the dummy lights thru yuour radio. There are other ways of resetting the lights w/o the radio, but the radio is the easiest.

You will nee a special harness if you want to keep onstar. Otherwise a standeard harness should do the trick. Check out crutchfield.com they're pretty good on prices for most things.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
04detroitls

i called crutchfield and they said the harness that they would send me is the proper one to fit my car. but when i called GM they said i need the original radio cuz it has the memory for the cars comp. i just wana make sure when i install my new aftermark which i got from cructhfield i dont ahve to run it off the off original one like GM says i do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts