Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the critical thinking process of doing a complete engine swap for my 96 SS.To those of you that have completed the swap could you give me more insight about the improvement.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It all depends. You have an LT1 already, so it is not worth the swap. The money that you will dish out just to get no more than 50hp is not worth it. If the motor that you already have is running good and strong with a proper PCM tune and tuneup, then I would go another route. You would be surprised how well the car runs and how much hp you would get from a proper PCM tune and just a tuneup. I would try to do your bolt ons first. And, if after you do your bolt ons you want to go faster, then I would look into a port/polished head and cam swap and/or stroked motor.

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
headers, and electrical is gonna be a pain.
An LT4 would plug in just the same as an LT1, same block, intake just has more material above the runner, internally the same.

500 sumin hp
As was already covered 425FLYWHEEL in a perfect world, your result would likely be less.

There are two reasons to look at LT4 stuff, to keep it pure GM stuff or the more common reason, complete and total ignorance. A GOOD heads/cam kit will make 400+ at the wheels WAY over 425flywheel this stuff offers.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Listen to Dwayne.......listen to Dwayne.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts