Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dont think it'd work because i would think the wagon frame is longer, but anyone know if a caprice wagon frame would work with an impala body? i wrecked my 95 impala and tweeked the frame a bit and am looking for a junked caprice or impala to use that frame. just wondering if any knew.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I don't know how the frames are different but I do know they had different part numbers. On top of that, I remember that there were at least two different wagon frames during '91-'96. I don't think I've ever seen anyone able to explain the difference between the two wagon frames.

·
Registered
303 Posts
This question came up on the other forum and I think the answer was that there were several differences.
- The wagon frame was boxed in more places than the regular sedan frame. [I am not sure how much different it is over the 9C1/9C6/WX3 frame in this respect.]
- The rear part of the frame is cross-braced at the horns. It is like it already has the Buick rear brace installed (but welded in).
- There are also other minor differences in body mounts.

Probably the differences in wagon frames account for the LT1 or more specifically the 4L60E transmission mounts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank ya guys. like i said i figured there were differances but i wasnt sure so i asked. just hoping they were the same so i could expand my options.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts