Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, new to this forum. Picked up my 2015 2LT 3 weeks ago and I am loving it.

My question is about the ambient lighting. I was curious about it because in pictures and some reviews I have noticed it goes to the back doors but on mine it only does the front. Is this an LTZ thing yet again? Love the car but not too happy with GM's "That's an LTZ only option" way of doing things. Didn't feel like spending another 10k for a letter. Oh yeah I live in Canada so prices are just a tad higher LOL.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a 2014 LTZ and the rear doors illuminate. It is possible that GM removed it from the rear doors on the 2015 as a cost saving measure. It would not be the first time GM removed a feature in the second model year to cut costs. You should stop by your dealer and look at a 2015 LTZ and see if the rear doors illuminate.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I will, as for cost cutting I believe it but if I were to cut costs on a car I would get rid of the door lock post, you can't use your fingers to open them and the back ones are hidden behind the C pillar. 2015 and they still put them on cars with keyless entry. Thanks again for the idea.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Of course its only on the LTZ. Well that solves my issue and saves me a trip to the dealer. Thanks Iceman2 appreciate the reply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2015 2lt and i don't if this is what you are talking about but mine has lighting for the rear door handles same as the front but it is white light. I have only had the car a week.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was talking about the ice blue light that is hidden behind the chrome trim on the doors and dash. At night it lights up. Kinda gives you a floating sensation while driving at night. First night I drove it made me feel a little queazy but after 30 minutes I was fine. LOL

·
Registered
893 Posts
for those of us doing extensive driving in the night time hours. esp. in winter, the lights are a very welcome feature that no other car i ever have seen has. they make me feel special and keep my ambience high :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all, new to this forum. Picked up my 2015 2LT 3 weeks ago and I am loving it.

My question is about the ambient lighting. I was curious about it because in pictures and some reviews I have noticed it goes to the back doors but on mine it only does the front. Is this an LTZ thing yet again? Love the car but not too happy with GM's "That's an LTZ only option" way of doing things. Didn't feel like spending another 10k for a letter. Oh yeah I live in Canada so prices are just a tad higher LOL.
I OWN A 2014 LTZ2 AND ALL MY DOORS LIGHT UP .I JUST BOUGHT A 2020 PREMIER LTZ2 AND THE REAR LIGHTS ARE NOT ON.DID GM CUT CORNERS TO SAVE PENNYS PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
47 Posts
I bought a 2019 LTZ 2 with every available option, the back doors do not have the ambient lighting, nor does it have the cup holder lights in the front doors as the 2016 2LT has...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe that the rear door light strip ceased to exist in 2017 or 2018. Read that somewhere here in another thread.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 2019 Premier LTZ2 and it looks like the rear door handle lights (Ice Blue), rear door ambient blue strips, and the front door pocket (Ice Blue) lights have been deleted. I checked the rear doors and the chrome strip is semi-transparent like in the front, so I'm assuming the light was just deleted.

I've ordered all the parts from GM to put these back in. Will update the post /w pics once I receive the parts.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I own a 2019 Premier LTZ2 and it looks like the rear door handle lights (Ice Blue), rear door ambient blue strips, and the front door pocket (Ice Blue) lights have been deleted. I checked the rear doors and the chrome strip is semi-transparent like in the front, so I'm assuming the light was just deleted.

I've ordered all the parts from GM to put these back in. Will update the post /w pics once I receive the parts.
Photo from a 2014 Impala that highlights the deleted lights: Screen-Shot-2019-12-30-at-15-37-49

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have a 2014 LTZ1 2.5L ecotec and in that picture it shows white ambient lights in the footwell, is that factory ? I have all the lights pictured in the post except the footwell lights, the umbrella holder light and the rear seat handle lights. ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2014 LTZ1 2.5L ecotec and in that picture it shows white ambient lights in the footwell, is that factory ? I have all the lights pictured in the post except the footwell lights, the umbrella holder light and the rear seat handle lights. ?
Yes, the footwell lights are standard on all trims from my understanding. I'd check to see if the bulbs are missing. Not many vehicles include footwell lights these days and I was pleasantly surprised to find them in the Impala.

If the sockets are not there, the part number is 25760081.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Cam_mckay Did you ever get this done? Very interested

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
I ended up Buying the footwell bulbs cause they werent there, now im all set. I forgot that I had my ambient lights to not turn on when I open the doors lol ar first I thought I had to replace all interior bulbs. Ive had an issue with my dome light for as long as I've had the car, with the doors open, I'd you press the button it lights up but as soon as you let the button go they turn off, if the doors are open and you continuously hold the button they stay on until you close a door, once the doors are closed my dome light cease to work. It's the weirdest shit ever.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts