Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
MYAAAAAAAHHH
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was looking at swapping my 16" stock on my 08 LT with some 18" LTZ stock rims and wanted to know if it was as easy as that? Is there anything else I would have to do like mess with the milage thingy or anything? Never swapped rims/wheels before so any help would be grateful.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Nope. Simple swap. Your speedo will be slow by about 2MPH though. IE it will say 30MPH, but you are actually doing 32MPH. After about 45-50 it's about 3MPH off. Just something to keep in mind, if you plan on switching the wheels leave it. If you are going to leave the 18s on you could get it recalibrated. Mine's messed up for both my 16s and 18s now. haha Permanently 2MPH off.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
That I do not know, I believe it's just a PCM adjustment though. I wouldn't expect more than $50, and if it was I would just spring for an Overkill PCM.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
That I do not know, I believe it's just a PCM adjustment though. I wouldn't expect more than $50, and if it was I would just spring for an Overkill PCM.
My guess is it would be more than $50 as most likely a dealer would have to do it. And then, yes you would be better off ordering a custom pcm from either overkill or zzp.

·
MYAAAAAAAHHH
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats a good idea if it is a pcm adjustment. Guess I'll hold off on the ovekill til I can find these 18"s. Thanks guys

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
thats a good idea if it is a pcm adjustment. Guess I'll hold off on the ovekill til I can find these 18"s. Thanks guys
It is indeed an adjustment made in the pcm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts