Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already found a discussion about this but it was for well the last generation. But i'm trying to find out if there is any way my rear fixed seats can be converted into flip down seats. Couldn't find much of an answer anywhere and I assume its a no but I don't think it can hurt asking a question. And if it matters I currently have a 2008 Impala LT

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I already found a discussion about this but it was for well the last generation. But i'm trying to find out if there is any way my rear fixed seats can be converted into flip down seats. Couldn't find much of an answer anywhere and I assume its a no but I don't think it can hurt asking a question. And if it matters I currently have a 2008 Impala LT

I don’t have links - but there have been several posts on this forum about how to convert the fixed rear seat to the folding rear seat on the 8th generation Impala models.

I previously owned 2008, 2011 and 2012 Impala LTZ models - which had the fold down rear seats standard.

You may want to take some time and use the search function - or maybe someone else will chime-in.

Good luck.

·
Registered
234 Posts
There are a few discussions on here of going to a junk yard and removing the flip and fold seats and the hardware brackets and mounting pieces and mounting them up in a vehicle that did not have them originally. I considered it when I was shopping for used and only wanted to have the flip and fold seats.

Here are the searches for flip and fold:
Flip and Fold Rear Seats
Second Rear Seat conversion discussion

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
There are a few discussions on here of going to a junk yard and removing the flip and fold seats and the hardware brackets and mounting pieces and mounting them up in a vehicle that did not have them originally. I considered it when I was shopping for used and only wanted to have the flip and fold seats.

Here are the searches for flip and fold:
Flip and Fold Rear Seats
Second Rear Seat conversion discussion

I don’t think the OP was very serious about his seat question. He just wanted someone else to do the work and provide him with all the information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts