Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just registerded here today i need some information becuase im thinking of doing an engine swap depending on how much work will be involved. here it is, since the LTZ impala has the 3900 and the SS has the 5.3l V8 i was wondering the engine/trans mounts the same for the 3.9l V6 and the 5.3l v8? im not sure what trans is in the LTZ but i know the 06' SS has the 4t65e trans. i would think that GM would try to keep everything similar for production purposes. i figure if the mounts are the same or similar that will make it easier to do a possible swap. but the 5.3l wont be going into a LTZ impala, i will try to get it in a G6. i know they both on the same ellipson platform. thanks

·
Registered
657 Posts
pretty sure the 06+ impalas are still on the w platform. could be wrong since i have a 2000, but 90% sure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pretty sure the 06+ impalas are still on the w platform. could be wrong since i have a 2000, but 90% sure.
yes i think youre right about that. i guess custom mounts idnt a big deal. but im not sure about how much space for mods will be left after the swap. i might just have to add a SC or turbo on the 3900 i have.

·
Registered
1 Posts
6-speed 5.3

Hey this is for anybody... Ive been doing a little research. The 3.9l or lz9 has two transmiision options; 4speed auto in the impala and others, and a 6speed manual that was in the 06 g6 gtp and 07 g6 gt. My question is if the 4speed auto for the 3.9l is the same as the one on the 5.3l or ls4, then the 6speed manual found in the g6 3.9 should also fit the 5.3??? Any thoughts.... Feel free to correct me if im wrong.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts