Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i added more coolant to the full line in the recovery tank cause it was low is that ok? it was not 50/50 though it was full...i been havin some wierd issues goin on with it though like the tempature meter on the dash has moved up a half inch for sum reason? and sometimes the coolant goes up in the recovery tank and sometimes theres none in there even when the car is warm? im thinkin i have a gasket leaking somewhere....i just bought a new radiator cap im gonna put it on tomorrow and see what happens....also was thinkin it can be my thermastat maybe i should change that also? another thing is it ok i flush the radiator out and add new coolant? like 50/50 or str8?

·
Registered
22 Posts
yes filling the recovery tank is fine. always use 50/50. just don't add water if it is already 50/50. i have the same issue your having. i replaced my radiator due to the fact it had a hole in it. my problem ended up being the water pump. check if your leaking coolant from the bottom of the water pump. if you are then the "weep" holes as thy are called will show coolant leaking. also look on the block around there to as it will also show signs of a bad water pump. and yes do a complete flush not just an evacuation. alwaays change the thermostat as it is cheap insurance.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts