Impala Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering what was goin on with my temperature meter in the dashboard of my car...when i bought the car it was staying alot to the cool side and very normal 4 months later it started moving a bit more down like somethings wrong? can it be a bad water pump and thermostat causing this problem? it just seems one day its gonna go hot and overheat thats what im worried of...i mean 2 months ago i got my oil change done and a oil system cleaner i was thinkin maybe that stupid cleaner clogged up something and causing my engine to do that but the car aint showing any lights at all and seems to run fine..let me know what you guys think

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if the gauge is moving its working. sounds like you dont have a thermostat. that was comonlly done on the older cars to help runn cooler durring the summer. because there cooling system is not sufficent when it gets older and the system its sell starts to clog. there are 2 bolts on the thermostat housing remove them. and see if there is one in there. if not put one in if there is it could be stuck open. also get a sticky gasket from autozone or somewhere to go back with. its pretty straight forward how it comes off and goes back on. and the gaskets are about 60 cents,. lol hope this helps

1 - 2 of 2 Posts