Impala Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 impala ss. The question I want to know is what are some good brakes to upgrade to from stock? I want to go a lil bigger on the brakes and rotors, I want to have the control of stop at a dome at high speed. Any suggestions? Also I want to make my ride feel a little smother that can handle curves better than stock. I don't like the fact that when going into curves at about 50 to 60mph you feel like the car is going to loose control at anytime. Any suggestions about upgrading the suspensions? I was thinking about some tower brackets

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
The stock brakes should be strong enough to stop you from whatever speed, upgrading will only make them resist heat better. Most prefer EBC.

For the handling, I would strongly recommend stut tower braces, that will stabilize the car and stop the chassis from flexing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I appreciate it, but on the brakes when I'm going like 100+, and stop the wheel shakes and I don't like that.

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
Lol your rotors are probably warped. Hitting your brakes from 100+mph will do that to them.

Sounds like you need the driver mod.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
:yikes: sounds like my car, except mine does it at around 60mph, i press on the break and i feel the steering wheel vibrate pretty hard

how much $ are we talking to fix something like this?

i guess i'll have my mechanic take a a look at it, when i get my struts, strut mounts, strut braces on, on wednesday

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I remove the rotors myself and have the local auto parts store turn them, they charge $13 each.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Use the brakes to slow down, and then coast a while to let them cool, that will help prevent warping in the future.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
I'm always scared to downshift lol

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Don't be, it doesn't hurt anything. It also won't let you if you're going too fast though, it will just stay in the higher gear rather than redlining the engine.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Thanks for the heads up king, I didn't wanna trash the already fragile transmission these impalas have

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How long did it take to come in? I heard about this guy doing them. I heard that it takes a while for him to ship the tune. Is that true?

·
DallaSS 214
1,016 Posts
How long did it take to come in? I heard about this guy doing them. I heard that it takes a while for him to ship the tune. Is that true?
from what everyone has posted yes, but it's "definitely worth it" he's in canada so it takes a while because of "customs" you can send your old cpu and get your "core refund" or you can choose to keep it

it's all on his website :beer:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks to receive it. It is well worth it! If you are doing it for performance reasons, I would install a higher flowing exhaust and some sort of cold air intake of fender well intake and a u bend delete to gain all you can out of it.
IT IS WORTH THE WAIT AND THE MONEY!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts