Impala Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my previous impala(00`)i've done the quad beam mod as well on my monte carlo, also 2000.I was wondering if i can do it on my 06' 9c1.This week end i'm installing 8000k hid's so it'll be the perfect timming to do this mod.Tnks

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
I was under the impression all of those vehicles already had quad headlights...

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
They do have the four bulbs but most if not all factory OEM's switch between the low and hi beams turning the others off, he wants to run the low beams with the hi beams at the same time.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Thats what I'm saying though, every 7th and 8th gen I have ever seen leave the lowbeams on when the highs are engaged. Lows run by themselves, and drl's run the highs at low power by themselves, but highs run lows and highs together.

·
I eat brains... gimme brains!
658 Posts
7th gen lows turn off when you click on the highs... now if you have the regulars on and hold the MF switch (with out) pulling all the way fo the "click" then all 4 stay on

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
So some of the 7th do stay on and others do not, interesting, I wonder if GM did that depending on where the vehicle was to be sold geographically.

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
My 04 doesn't do that. I never use the mf switch. I let the alc do the work. Same with our 04 Yukon, the alc controls what lights are in and off according to how much light it is seeing.

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
I you want to be able to see better put a 5000k or lower temp kit in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The quad beam mod that i've previously done on my 00'imp made the low and the high beam stay on when clickin the high. I was wondering if this mod can be done on a 2006 9c1.

·
Registered
121 Posts
ALL 7th gen's low beams and fog lights turn off when the high beams are clicked on unless they have been modified.

I believe 8th gen's low beams stay on with the high beams, although the fog lights do turn off.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Experience with 6 different American 02' impalas, all kept lows on with highs engaged. 2 06's and 4 07's also do the same...

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Interesting thought, if thats the case, it must be controlled through the BCM. I know you can do a bypass mod, but I wonder how it would respond to adding factory foglights...

·
Banned
667 Posts
7th gen lows turn off when you click on the highs... now if you have the regulars on and hold the MF switch (with out) pulling all the way fo the "click" then all 4 stay on
all 4 stay on for me.

if I hold it then I get all 6 lights

fog+low+hi

1 - 18 of 18 Posts