Impala Forums banner

QTec Electronic Cutout Installed On Stock 2006 SS Exhaust

7K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  MinnesotaMike 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys

Long story sort I wanted a nice, deep sounding tone to my exhaust that I could give varying tones depending on my mood as well as wide open performance. After doing some research I came across the coolest add-on to my SS.

Here are some photos of the cutout I've installed on my stock exhaust system for you'll to see. This is a standard Quick Time Performance Electric 2.5" Cutout I've purchased off eBay. I purchased it with the flange kit for $200 bucks and it sounds better than any catback that I've heard on a 8th gen SS :icon_madu:

I've run the electrical up through a trunk plug which housed some electrical, along the doors, under the passenger seat and up into my center console. The entire assembly is 12v powered using a standard cigarette adapter I've fitted to the wiring harness. My switch assembly consists of a 3-position toggle switch which opens and closes the cutout at will. The switch assembly is mounted to the try which sits inside the center console and it controlled by a bright red rocker switch. Best part is there is a coupler for the power line out to the cutout. When I take the car some place that I can't pay attention to it I just disconnect the coupler, pull the cigarette adapter and the center console tray with all my switch pulls right out! :)

When the cars in [3] and put the peddle to the metal this baby flys. I've gotten much attention to this and when you combine it with a K&N cone... Yaahooo!

I live in the suburbs of Chicago and my car sits outside during the winters. I've had this installed now for over a year and it opens and closes just like new. If you're considering a cutout... DO IT! :smile:

Questions? Ask away...

After I welded on the flange

Qtec bolted on and tucked up near the gas tank

Another photo...

Tucked up in the nature curvature of the gas tank.

Power and Operation Switches

Wiring for Power and Operation Switches

See less See more
#2 ·
What's the gain beside sound and Cost:confused:

#3 ·
I feel that the cars more responsive when I hit the throttle but I'm still waiting to dyno her... :smile:

#4 ·
looks sick i can only imagine how loud it is.... wish i ahd 2 of these for my 9c1 o well muff delete will be about the same
anyways looks good probably one of the only newer impalas id enjoy driving:biggrin::eek: ( did i just say that ):biggrin:

#6 ·
If someone points me to a dynojet somewhere in the chicago burbs I will take her to find out.

I will work on the vids next time I have a buddy with me. This baby is so bad ass I love it! I don't know of many people putting these on but the 5.3 sounds GREAT especially when you've got the K&N :love4: I love getting thumbs up from random people want I slam on the throttle. :smile:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.