Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to put some dual exhaust on my 94 Caprice with the 4.3 in it. I like the Pypes cat back system kit with x pipe and Street pro mufflers (SGI10S), I'm trying to get everything ready that i'll need to do the install.. Anybody know what hangers i'll need to do it right? Also I need a heat shield for the divers side if anyone has one. Just let me know what's the best way to mount the system so I dont have any rattles? Ive never fooled with exhaust at all, but I dont want the buy the kit and take it to a shop and get reemed on labor, id like to do it myself.. Thanks just let me know.. Pictures of how you did yours are welcome, so I can get some ideas..

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I just ordered my Pypes catback system and went with the Street Pro mufflers.. Im trying to do the install by myself and have never done an exhuast.. Where the best place and what are the proper hangers and positions to hang everything so my new system doesnt rattle?

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
I did my own exhaust. Pieced together some stuff from Autozone and Summit. You'll want to get the hangers and clamps for your sized exhaust. Did you go with 2.25" or bigger? I just went with hangers like this;
Walker® 36508 - Exhaust Hanger | O'Reilly Auto Parts
Been on my car for a year with no issues. The biggest thing I would suggest is go under there and familiarize your self with what is there now. Wash the under carriage before you go to work on it. TAKE YOUR TIME and enjoy the process.

·
Every 2nd Matters
5,455 Posts
So, how is the progress?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts