Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone has any exp with doing this. I have been looking at the different options of stuff from the ss kit they sell on zzperformance to doing a top swap. Any input and advice on which is the easiest and cheapest route to go. Not looking to add more then 5 or so pounds of boost.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Not looking to add more then 5 or so pounds of boost.
That what they ALL say LOL

I'm topswapped, PITA if you dont know your way around the car, theres a shitload of parts you need, you can grab from a j/y for about $500 if you're good at sourcing stuff. the gaskets will run you another couple hundred, but if youre going that far you might as well do rockers or better yet a cam ;)

Parts List
SC-
L67 idler pulleys,
L67 idler stand off,
L67 throttle body,
L67 injectors,
custom PCM,
GTP balancer,
L67 MAP sensor,
L67 heads,
L67 fuel rail,
2 head gaskets,
head studs,
MAP adaptor harness,
bypass valve wiring,
vacuum lines,
brake booster line,
supercharger gasket,
throttle body gasket,
lower intake gasket,
lower intake Orings,
supercharger belt,
GTP valve covers,
GTP valve cover gaskets,
coil pack bracket for 99+ cars,
M90 from an L67,
lower intake from an L67,
M90 bolts,
and new rocker bolts.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is this a good spot to get the parts? I think its from a gtp but im told it would work on my model impala
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3800-Supercharged-Top-Swap-Kit-Supercharger-GS-GTP-SSEI_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713Q2em153Q2el1262QQcategoryZ46098QQihZ026QQitemZ390008654098QQrdZ1

What do you think about this? Someone showed it to me but he has never actually done a top swap so im curious to get the opinion from someone that has done it

http://www.grandprixforums.net/f17/top-swap-info-faqs-also-lots-7763.html

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Kinda pressed for time today, but ya Ed (Morad) is a great guy to deal w/ $700 isnt bad for a top swap kit,m youll still need gaskets though (another 100-250 depending on Headgasket choice) plus injector adapters (40) and fluids, so expect to spend ~$1000 to do it right. Alot of ppl goto Ed for parts ( in the 3800 community) I usually source them out seperatly though, again 700 isnt bad at all.

you might want to read up on GenIII v/s GenV m90s, they run a few hundred extra, but well worth the extra $ IMO

the GPF.net link is pretty good from what i remember about it, you'll need PCM work done etc... do alot of research before taking this on yourself! The forums have ALOT of opinions v/s actual facts (CGP is notorious for this) GPF isnt too corrupted yet though. PM me w/ your Location, might be able to hook u up w/ some locals that know their way around a 3800 if you need help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts