Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Alot of work,time,money and maintenance. If its your daily driver, being that you live in the rust belt, it would be a waste of money and unsafe during winter to have all that power to the wheels on snow/ice:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the heads up, but I was planning on putting it on a project Caprice for Summer use only.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Well....its the last thing I would do to a car. Once the car is where it should be inside and out, then you can spend to 4-5000 for a decent supercharger unit and then you can shop around for a good shop to install it and tune it properly.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks once again for the heads up, i plan on stripping a 94-96 Caprice all the way down and customize paints, and performance tune the engine then get a Supercharger just for those quick sprints on Sunday's :)

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
When you are ready for the engine work, Give yourself some time and come back, ask our forum members for ideas/advice. Many here and other places have done the things you are talking about and can provide vital information on the do's and donts.

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
Just throwing a supercharger at a car in hopes of speed is a good way to spend a LOT of money and still get your ass handed too you by someone who understands what makes a car work.

Yeah a blower kit costs $5k, but it wont do a whole lot unless you spend $10K on modding the rest of the car first and even then it wont really make that much power unless you go into the engine too, more $$$$$$$$$$.

I am not saying a blower is a bad thing or that they can't make power, they can make massive power but it is not as simple as taking the kit and throwing it at a stock car.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Get this!

Sure, it's crap.

But, it's only like fifty bucks on eBay! :wink:

Then you can tell everyone you have a Supercharger! :tongue:
THE FUNNY THING IS MY BUDDY BOUGHT ONE OF THESE LIKE 2 YEARS AGO INSTALLED IT ON HIS MITSUBISHI 3000 GT AND IT MADE NOTICEABLE DIFFERENCE WHEN TURNED ON IT WOULKD DEF SPIN THE TIRES MORE WHEN SHIFTING IT WOULD OF BEEN NICE TO TAKE IT TO A DYNO AND SEE WHAT IT REALLY DID !!!!!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would definitely Performance tune the engine parts BEFORE throwing a good Supercharger on it. I could just go buy the K&N Air Intake System and have it look oh so pretty :)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Research and take your time

Start with 2.5 inch exhaust and air intake. Add headers. Then heads and cam. Le2 heads and cam setups are about $1650. LT4 kit is around $2,300-$3,300 depending on where you get it. (LT4 includes a new intake) Rear gear ratio to 3.73 and balance drive shaft. Stall converter on rebuilt tranny.
All of that is about the same price as a good Super Charger.(Maybe a G or two more, but close)
Reprogram your chip to support the mods. You have to get the core done before you start adding the gold plating. Capiche...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Thanks once again for the heads up, i plan on stripping a 94-96 Caprice all the way down and customize paints, and performance tune the engine then get a Supercharger just for those quick sprints on Sunday's :)
It all depends on what your end goal is and how much money you have to spend. Good advice given here to you. You can build a very fast NA car, but a blower is bad ass!!!

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
the raiss is by far the sickest ive seen wwish i ahd the $$$$$ for it:rolleyes:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Money won't really be an issue, I have about 25k put to the side to mod up my Project Caprice, so If I need more than I'll get more, but the Caprice in the pictures is just my daily driver with the LT1 :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Like I said, if I need more I am more than willing to shell out some more dough to keep the Caprice name alive. :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
Start with 2.5 inch exhaust and air intake. Add headers. Then heads and cam. Le2 heads and cam setups are about $1650. LT4 kit is around $2,300-$3,300 depending on where you get it. (LT4 includes a new intake) Rear gear ratio to 3.73 and balance drive shaft. Stall converter on rebuilt tranny.
All of that is about the same price as a good Super Charger.(Maybe a G or two more, but close)
Reprogram your chip to support the mods. You have to get the core done before you start adding the gold plating. Capiche...
Why the LT4 recommendation? :confused:
Obviously, ignorance.

·
Registered
574 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Money won't really be an issue, I have about 25k put to the side to mod up my Project Caprice, so If I need more than I'll get more, but the Caprice in the pictures is just my daily driver with the LT1 :)
If you have that much money you can build yourself a nice supercharged setup. Do you have to worry about emmission checks?

Take your time research exactly what you need, who will build your motor, and get quality parts. To save money you can do a lot of the other work yourself, i.e. transmission/suspension... Good luck.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts