Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed that most of the trim clips have a groove on top. These clips are not screwed in and must be popped out.

Today I was trying to remove a sill trim clip which turns out to be one of those really annoying Christmas tree clips which can only be popped out.

Does anyone know the purpose of the groove?

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I've noticed that most of the trim clips have a groove on top. These clips are not screwed in and must be popped out.

Today I was trying to remove a sill trim clip which turns out to be one of those really annoying Christmas tree clips which can only be popped out.

Does anyone know the purpose of the groove?
Any chance you can post a pic?

Doug

·
Registered
97 Posts
IF it's the clip I'm thinking of then you can use a small screwdriver and the groove helps pry up center which in turn allow you to remove it.

The Christmas tree retainers are easier to use than screws so they use them.

They make a tool for each type of the plastic clips I described as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
IF it's the clip I'm thinking of then you can use a small screwdriver and the groove helps pry up center which in turn allow you to remove it.

The Christmas tree retainers are easier to use than screws so they use them.

They make a tool for each type of the plastic clips I described as well.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
The one I'm talking about has a shallow groove across the top. I know the ones you are referring to such as cowl clips that have a groove in the base piece just below the pin. I use a small tool to get into the groove and pop up the pin.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts