Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sound like a duck under my hood lol sound is comin from around my pullys can someone help

·
Registered
57 Posts
try to narrow down which pulley it may be...if it is a tensioner or idle pulley it may be a cheap/easy fix, if its an a/c compressor may be a little more involved.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Could you be a little more descriptive about the sound?

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Could you be a little more descriptive about the sound?
It sounds like a six and a half pound female mallard duck, on a 70 dgree day, in the brush, calling for its mate at 5:30 in the evening....I think.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^lmao naw man thats the best thing i can think of on a sound its not loud and its only sometimes ill try to post a video next time i hear it so yall can hear it

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Well in that case it may just be some air bubbles in the power steering.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
U kno wat tht makes sense i just had it replaced how do i go bout fixing it

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
If its intermittent, it should work itself out. The only way to bleed them is by turning the wheel back and forth. You may want to rule out other possibilities first though.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya im just gonna take it to tha shop to hot to even work on da car

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
Well in that case it may just be some air bubbles in the power steering.
Agree, that does make sense expecially since you recently had work done.

And in my best internet jargon: Yo fo, dat is the beets 2 getting wuk dun on steer. :Jka:

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wtf idk wat u said fo lOl keep praticin tho

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
^^ LOL...I am like that guy in Weird Al Yank's video, "White and Nerdy".

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well lets not quite ur day job to bcome ghetto lol

·
Registered
195 Posts
Sound like a duck under my hood lol sound is comin from around my pullys can someone help
It sounds like a six and a half pound female mallard duck, on a 70 dgree day, in the brush, calling for its mate at 5:30 in the evening....I think.
thats kinda like what i was hearin for a few weeks before this happened...http://www.impalaforums.com/autocare-and-maintenance/288451-2000-05-impala-ls-air-compressor-mount.html:gaah:

but i guess the 'mount/bracket/attachement thingy' was breaking and causing extra tension on my tension pulley....that or my tension pulley isnt loosening the tension like it should -_-

1 - 14 of 14 Posts