Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm the FNG here in the forums although I'm not new to Impala ownership. I bought a 95 SS in September of 06, loved it, put alot of money and time and effort into it, only to lose it on the I-5 because some dumb old lady wasn't paying attention when merging lanes. Still in all, if it wasn't for my first beaSSt I would most likely not be able to type this, so when the insurance told me the car was totaled, first thing I did was go out and get a 1996 beaSSt. I've had my second beaSSt for about six months now and I love it to death. Nothing feels quite like getting behind the wheel of a black Impala and watchin the jealous heads turn and seeing the ladies give that extra look...

anyway once I get my living and job situation settled I'm gonna be starting to do performance mods and such so you'll see me dropping in from time to time for advice. If anyone is in the Fresno, CA area drop me a line sometime, I'm trying to find out if there's a good car club around here for Impala SS owners.

P.S. Dont waste my time if you're gonna try to tell me about your new 08 Impala. Those things are a joke and an abomination.

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Hello and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear of the loss of the first car. Were you able to save any of the mods to use on this current car? Depending on how bad it was damaged I would have looked at buying it back to get the mods for the new car.

Speaking of the newer 8th generation Impalas I am not fond of them myself. I have always liked that on the previous generation Impalas you could easily tell them apart by just the way the reverse lights were surronded by the red reflectors. To me, IHMO, the 8th generation do not look like Impalas.

·
Banned
3,667 Posts
Hi all I'm the FNG here in the forums although I'm not new to Impala ownership. I bought a 95 SS in September of 06, loved it, put alot of money and time and effort into it, only to lose it on the I-5 because some dumb old lady wasn't paying attention when merging lanes. Still in all, if it wasn't for my first beaSSt I would most likely not be able to type this, so when the insurance told me the car was totaled, first thing I did was go out and get a 1996 beaSSt. I've had my second beaSSt for about six months now and I love it to death. Nothing feels quite like getting behind the wheel of a black Impala and watchin the jealous heads turn and seeing the ladies give that extra look...

anyway once I get my living and job situation settled I'm gonna be starting to do performance mods and such so you'll see me dropping in from time to time for advice. If anyone is in the Fresno, CA area drop me a line sometime, I'm trying to find out if there's a good car club around here for Impala SS owners.

P.S. Dont waste my time if you're gonna try to tell me about your new 08 Impala. Those things are a joke and an abomination.

Welcome to the forum. In your area there is a Impala club known as FASST (Fresno area super sport team) they have been around for a while and hold a yearly cruise where all of us out from over 500 miles come to fresno and bbq and hang out. I have many other contacts if your interested. Let me know what I can help you out with.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Welcome to the forum. In your area there is a Impala club known as FASST (Fresno area super sport team) they have been around for a while and hold a yearly cruise where all of us out from over 500 miles come to fresno and bbq and hang out. I have many other contacts if your interested. Let me know what I can help you out with.
I'm pretty sure the Fresno BBQ isn't happening this year. I'm sure they still meet up occasionally though, the ROD calendar says the 2nd thursday of the month. Follow the link to the FASST page:

http://www.regionofdoom.com/RegionOfDoom/Home.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts