Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was browsing Facebook marketplace and came across this about 10min from my house. I believe it needs a BCM it also has a nasty hole in the exhaust (I have a whole system from my last parts car). It also needs a very good detail.

I'll be picking it up Tuesday so more to come then!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got it picked up yesterday, it needs a detail realllyyy bad. So I plan to start doing a deep clean. Get the computer in it, fix the exhaust and go from there. Otherwise the body itself is in pretty good shape!

·
Registered
30 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alot of elbow grease it really cleaned up nice. I still have to get the computer programmed to the VIN. Most likely will be next week.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got alot done over the weekend! First I got the BCM issue figured out. Ended up just being a improperly wired in head unit. Why it would effect it like that I have no clue. I just put a stock one in I had around for now.

Then I worked on the interior. Took out all the seats shampooed the carpets then fixed the destroyed dash bezel by taking off the SS specific pieces and putting them on a base model dash I had.

All glued down

Interior back in!

I still need to go to the junk yard and get a drivers seat bottom. But much better for now!

Also FYI a 00-05 exhaust fits inside a 06+ :lol:

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I don't know what you do for a living, but you could probably make a good living just buying, fixing and flipping vehicles! Maybe even just 7th gen Impalas exclusively! ;-)

Very nice work!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
More updates! I got the ugly trailer hitch off finally! I also got the new exhaust hung just need a down pipe now.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got alot accomplished over the last week.

First I swapped out the grille with a billet one I've had laying around forever

Then in addition to the resonator being rusted out, the flex pipe on the downpipe was broken. So I got one of those from a guy parting out a grand prix

And the big job, I did intake gaskets and valve cover gaskets. Cleaned everything and put on new belts.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got some more stuff done over last weekend,

I did a transmission service, filter and 5 quarts of fluid.

I also fixed the destroyed seat. The cover is from a 00-03 but it will work for now until I come across a 04/05 seat in good shape. The foam is mint though.

I also fixed the dash pad that had a hole in it from one that I got from a 05 base parts car I had (more to come on that later)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts