Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Cleaned up pretty damn nice! :eek:k3:

Reactions: 04palaSS

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Great progress! Thanks for the photos, nice to see the updates in pictures.
No problem! I'll keep them coming!

Cleaned up pretty damn nice! :eek:k3:
Thanks!

I scored a set of almost new Blizzaks mounted on wheels for less than it costs for a new set of tires! I will be picking them up Sunday, Not the coolest wheels out there but I plan on plasti-dipping them black.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
I'm actually digging the wheels, but they'll look better black for sure.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
I'm actually digging the wheels, but they'll look better black for sure.
They are growing on me thats forsure, I think they'll look awesome black

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I picked up the wheels and tires this weekend. Tires are basically brand new, wheels need attention but I will be plasti dipping them tomorrow most likely.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Got the wheels plasti dipped as planned. I didn't get a chance to get them on because I went a helped my buddy work on his 06 SS but I'll try and get them on this week sometime. They came out really good I'm very happy with them.

And a quick tip when painting wheels put playing cars around the edge to keep from painting the tire.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Ordered some vent shades off ebay for $20. I'm not the biggest fan of how they look but their very functional in winter and thats what this car is about.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Got my vent shades on

Then I decided to wash it since its been sitting for a month and there was bird crap on every panel.

Also I'm getting a remote start on Wednesday

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So I went to my buddys shop to get a remote start yesterday as planned but that didn't go so well. Let me start by telling you electronics are the one thing on a car I don't touch so forgive me if I don't explain this perfect. When I bought the car nothing worked unless the car was physically running, by that I mean the gauges didn't boot up the radio didn't turn on windows didn't work nothing unless the car was on. Well I thought it was because the remote start the previous owner cobbled in there caused it. I was wrong. It took us about a hour (more him than me i just watched) to track down what was happening because nothing on the drivers side fuse block got power (according to the power probe) but everything worked:dunno: So we pulled the whole fuse block out and everything worked fine. Well that is definitely not right. So we tracked down all the spliced in wired and figured the RAP fuse went bad and the previous owner hard wired the accessories such as wipers, door locks ect. So long story short he has to trace everything down fix the splices and put a new RAP fuse in.:WTF: Why some people choose to spend hours hard wiring accessories instead of putting a fuse in is beyond me.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Not a picture worthy update but, the car is all fixed and has a working remote start. Now all that is left is fix the exhaust leak and a new wiper arm because someone stripped the old one. I'm hoping it doesn't need the whole wiper assembly but we'll see.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Ordered some 6k HIDs for this thing. One more item crossed off the list. The wiper assembly needs to be replace because someone stripped the teeth off of the arm and the assembly when they tried to take the arm off, I was hoping all it needed was a wiper arm but no such luck. I will be going to the junk yard Friday for that.

Here's whats left,

- Wiper assembly
- Exhaust leak

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Went the junkyard yesterday and got a new wiper assembly. Also got a new under dash piece since someone drilled 400 holes in the old one for switches.

And finally I gave in....

Now all that is left is the exhaust and its done.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Well I finnaly got my wheels on! I like them alot even more than I thought I would. They do need to be touched up here and there but overall look great.

With this post I expect this thread to slow down. All that is left is fix the exhaust leak but I'll have a shop do that (res needs to be cut out and new one welded in). This car has come a long way since when I got it and I'm glad I could keep another one on the road. With that being said I will update this with pictures here and there once I start driving it more come winter. But this brings me on to my future plans.

The Indy (link in sig) is drivin by my girlfriend and my restored SS will be parked in winter and bad conditions so I have had my eye out for a well taken care of low miles 05 (one not black) SS. I have found one that I plan on buying come spring which means this one will be sold. Thankfully I have someone who will be interested that I know will take good care of her. I will start a new thread on this one once it becomes mine around March.

But like I've said I will keep updating this thread with pictures of anythings done and once it finally sees snow.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Those do look great! Thas the one thing I don't like about using the card trick to paint or dip wheels, it's really hard to get that outside edge. But they still look amazing on there

Reactions: 04palaSS

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Thank you! I had never done that trick before and you are right the outside edge needs to be touched up.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Well I've officially put 30 miles on it lol

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
As I may have mentioned before there was a large hole in the resonator making it sound like poo so I cut it out and welded in a piece of pipe, sounds much much better now.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Well I put a new battery in it today so I have checked everything off my list (and then some). Come November 1st I'm parking my nice one and this will become the daily.

-window regulator✔
-seat cover (if i can find one)✔
-tires✔
-battery✔
-remote start✔
-HIDs✔
-exhaust leak✔

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Fresh oil change all ready to go next month. I've put about 500 miles on this thing since I got it in June.

41 - 60 of 140 Posts