Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Made some progress over the weekend, fixed the tail light with my extra set and stripped the interior and cleaned it and shampooed the carpets. Also threw my extra Indy headrests in it just because.

Also got the new hood today and ordered a Indy grille.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Wow! Great work. Nice to see someone preserving these.
Thank you!

Got the new hood on yesterday as well as the new headlight looks better than when I bought it!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Picked up a Indy grille for it. Gonna put a twist on it from the standard Indy grill I will post pics when its done.

·
Go Get It
15,061 Posts
What kinda twist are you looking at?

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Here it is. Indy grille with the regular grille chrome center. I'm sure it's been done however I've never seen it. It's something different to tell them apart.

Yes I know the bumper isn't perfect but not worth fixing on a winter car. Next item is door emblems

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Making a junkyard trip tomorrow still got a few things before shes winter ready.

-window regulator
-seat cover (if i can find one)
-tires
-battery
-remote start
-HIDs
-exhaust leak

More than likely I won't replace the worn off SS emblems. I can't justify paying $200 for emblems on a car I plan to just drive in the winter and will likely sell next year for a low miles blue or silver one.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Successful junkyard trip yesterday! Found everything I needed. Now its going to be a busy weekend:eek:k3:

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I need your guys opinions, should I plasti dip the wheels black on this one or no? Heres a side by side stock vs black for comparison.

·
Go Get It
15,061 Posts
Do it :devil:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
agreed but, throw a twist on it! I say leave the divits in each spoke stock.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
That was the other option I was thinking, like the once off of the Dale Jr Monte. I had a set of those on my other SS for awhile.

Yesterday I did get around to taking the glue off from the old emblems that are long gone. I'm debating on whether I should spend the money to replace them or leave it as is being its just a winter car.

For those who are wondering I used a 3M eraser wheel. It makes a big mess be warned but it works like a charm.

·
Go Get It
15,061 Posts
Just scoop some Monte SS badges from the junkyard and slap em on there

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
That's a good idea or even the 06+ ones

·
Go Get It
15,061 Posts
I've found a bunch of the 00-05 Monte SS badges in the junkyard. Haven't had any luck around me with 06+ badges. But keep an eye out

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #36

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love the look of that. I have been debating on doing mine for months...I think my mind has been decided!

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Fixed the seat with the new-ish cover I got from the junkyard. Its not perfect but alot better.

Then I decided to throw a radio in my buddy took out of his Monte Carlo. Atleast now I can plug my phone in but its nothing like having a double din like i have in my nice SS.

Next is tires and a remote start.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Starting to come together, doesn't look half bad for a winter car!

21 - 40 of 140 Posts