·
Go Get It
15,066 Posts
Sweet!

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
I'm excited. One of the wheels has some surface scratches, and I'm going to be looking to get them refinished before too long.

·
Go Get It
15,066 Posts
...dip :lol:

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
This is true but i got that wash cloth from Dip your car that's made to clean dip and it works well. But you are right ..have to redo it every once in a while.

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Hmm, I was looking on their site, i may have to look into the dip remover for some stuff on my current wheels. I won't be worrying about doing either in the immediate future.

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Well,the brake pads NEED to be replaced on my car, but I'm going to need to go with a budget fix for the time being. Has anyone used the Hawk brake pads from Advance? They're certainly economical, and I'm just looking to use them for a few months. I'm going to sand the pad deposits off my current rotors, and add a couple extra things to help the pads do their job.

·
Go Get It
15,066 Posts
As long as you dont mind the brake dust they'll be fine, especially as a stop-gap for a few months. The only real problems with the budget pads are obscene amounts of brake dust and that they aren't very durable. Since you'll only be using them for a short time, you should be fine

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Awesome, thank man. I'm not driving the car a whole lot at the moment, so as long as they last until I get a full time job, I can deal with the brake dust.

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Parts ordered for the Raceboat! I'm just now getting those brake pads (and I've managed to not die until now) but I'm also robbing the police car parts bin to keep them happy. That, and I get to do my first blend door actuator replacement.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
If you want the original finish get ahold of some aircraft paint stripper!! This will strip the original clear coat which is supe thick and remove corrosion. Then i suggest a thorough wet sanding and multiple clear coats like the factory does.

·
Go Get It
15,066 Posts
If you want the original finish get ahold of some aircraft paint stripper!! This will strip the original clear coat which is supe thick and remove corrosion. Then i suggest a thorough wet sanding and multiple clear coats like the factory does.
The aircraft stripper works awesome. Lots of B body guys using that on the factory Impala 17"s

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #136 (Edited)
How does this stripper work on metal poles?

I'll see myself out...

Had a tiny upgrade for the car yesterday, and I mean the tiniest of upgrades. The 3500 V6 comes with an enormous oil cap that is tall enough to sit on the engine cover. It looks fine, but when you remove the engine cover like I have, it looks ridiculous. I was working on a Chevy van yesterday with the 3400 V6, and since the lady was about to get rid of it and didn't care, I switched her regular, not heinous oil cap out for mine.

Before:

After:

Attachments

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
I've done a few things to the car over the last couple weeks. I installed the Hawk brake pads, Wearever rotors all around, and police spec rotor dust shields on the front brakes. I think one of the front shields is rubbing something, but other than that, they work very well. I changed my cabin air filter, and added a K&N drop in panel filter. I'll put a couple pictures up when I get the chance, the Raceboat will be back in autocross form soon!

121 - 137 of 137 Posts