Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I feel like they can solidify the look of a car, and depending on the wheel design, make it more aggressive or class it up

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I think it toughens the car up a little bit, that and it's a nice contrast to all of the impalas around here with chrome 20's

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
Agreed.

·
Impalaforums.com
3,526 Posts
I think it toughens the car up a little bit, that and it's a nice contrast to all of the impalas around here with chrome 20's
are you saying negative things about my chrome 20's? :lol:

I think it is more of a personal preference. Some cars look good with black rims and some don't.

I like Burt's car but I would not trade my rims for his.

J/k

The car looks good man.:eek:k3::beer:

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks man. I'm not knocking your wheels, I'm just saying that EVERYONE around here is for big wheels and HID's. Very blue HID's... that, and their cars are usually pretty beat. Yours look good Stephen

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
You made that chrome strip red.?

Is that you wearing them short shorts taking the pic?

Looks good man.
Yeah, I painted it. It needs a little more polishing, but it's basically done. And of course I'm the girl in short shorts, that's not my girlfriend or anything :wink:

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
Looks Sick! Please explain how you did it that's exactly what I want to do.

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Thanks! I wet sanded it, and painted it using Dupli color's Perfect Match line on it. I'll put up a full description with a few pictures up in the morning. What is your paint color, Jd1?

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
Wa911l.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I feel like they can solidify the look of a car, and depending on the wheel design, make it more aggressive or class it up
I'm gonna say something (purely opinion) but don't take it the wrong way. I'm not trying to bash or anything..

Black looks cheap on smaller wheels.

Silver/light colors liven it up.

Car would look sweet with gunmetal color paint on those. ;)

·
Impalaforums.com
3,526 Posts
I'm gonna say something (purely opinion) but don't take it the wrong way. I'm not trying to bash or anything..

Black looks cheap on smaller wheels.

Silver/light colors liven it up.

Car would look sweet with gunmetal color paint on those. ;)
I am not sure how to respond to this.^

^Didn't you want your rims either black or white? You got stock "small" rims so....

·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
:lol:
I thought that was you.
I like it.:eek:k3:
Waitaminit.....Burts a girl??? WTF did I miss....?

I meant to put "all black"

my bad!

it makes it look like someone just went nuts with spraypaint and didn't take time to mask off the edges IMO. thus me posting about leaving the lip
I like leaving the lip. It breaks it up.

*Edit to add... I also like leaving the lugs, and maybe the center chrome too. Some contrast is good.
Flat black looks dirty to me, (sorry, no offense) and gloss black looks nice because it has a nice shine!

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Well since there's a guy and a girl in the picture, and I've said previously that I have a girlfriend, that would make me....a dude.

Anyways, I'm cool with the wheels the way they are, I think they turned out well enough. To each his own.

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Maybe you're both cross dressers, how do we know?

FWIW, I think it looks great.

21 - 40 of 137 Posts