Impala Forums banner

21 - 40 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks guys I appreciate it!!

Getting so close I can't wait! Also just a fyi the "Impala SS" windshield banner and "Got Impala" sticker on the back are going to be removed. I want it as clean and sleek as possible. Also replacing rockers on Monday and going to prime and undercoat them as appose to paint for better protection.

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Looks great! Gunna wet-sand and buff it, or just leave it as is?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Going to wet sand and buff once its all back together

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Good stuff! Might as well go all the way if you've gone this far. Nothing like a mirror-finish black paint job.

If I were to go through this process, I'd probably do a custom color that looks stock. Like a black paint job with a blue or purple pearl in it, so to 99% of people, it's just a black Impala, but in the right light and when looking closely, you can tell that it's a custom paint job :eek:k3:

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That would be cool, I just have always dreamed of having this car look brand new like this. With a twist of course (Indy Grille and chrome wheels).

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thank you I really appreciate it!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
No real exciting updates today. Painting the odds and ends stuff mirrors, moldings, spoiler, taillight covers, rocker moldings and door handles. Going to start the rockers later on today and finish them up tomorrow then we're in the home stretch hopefully done mid to end of this week.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Well heres a update I wish i wasn't making. Cut the outer rocker apart yesterday and the inner is much worse than expected. It will all be fixed in the end, just been a long road and really want it back. I'm really hoping Friday :hope: but we'll see otherwise next Monday or Tuesday.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Well heres a update I wish i wasn't making. Cut the outer rocker apart yesterday and the inner is much worse than expected. It will all be fixed in the end, just been a long road and really want it back. I'm really hoping Friday :hope: but we'll see otherwise next Monday or Tuesday.

That's actually not to bad at all, everyone I've seen they have been a whole lot worse.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Thankfully their all repaired and done going to rust proof the crap out of them even if it doesn't see another winter which it won't still nice to have that added protection. Also got the doors mounted up today all that is left is the front end and a few misc things. Should be all done looking like a car tomorrow. Wet sanding and buffing it Friday should have it back Monday or Sat night.

Did alittle body work on this side because it will be seen from the door jam i promise its not just mudded up lol

Back end looks so sexy

Drivers door is full of dust thats why it looks off hue

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Lookin good!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Thanks guys! :beer:

Car should be put together and ready for wet sanding and buffing! Then all we have left is emblems and wheels and shes done:yahoo:! Pics to come later on.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
All together minus emblems and wheels. Needs a wash bad then getting wet sanded and buffed!

21 - 40 of 484 Posts