Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 484 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
EDIT: Due to photobucket changes, all pictures have been reposted starting on post #350!

So I'm very active on the s10forum and we do alot of project threads so I figured I'd do one since this is a full on build. This is my 2004 Impala SS. I bought it at 181,000 miles and shes getting close to 240,000 now but shes my baby. Its been through tons of stages here they are in order from the day i got it until the last picture now.

And how it sits now

In the next 3 weeks its getting a full repaint all rust fixed new rear doors, hood due to rust and new SS spoiler because the old one is cracked. Also all the OEM emblems replaced.

I've had my stage where i wanted the big chromed out 20s and 22s and there is nothing wrong with that. But in my opinion these cars looked beautiful stock and thats how i want mine to look like the day it was new. However I did add a indy grille a few years back (mines not a indy) also going with the full chrome 17s from a indy not the silver ones like mine came with. Heres the goal of what i want it to look like. Just a simple mint 2004 Impala SS.

Anyway I will keep this updated as often as I can its going to be a fast moving project as i want it done by mid April. let me know what you think.

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Looks good so far! Interested to see the pics after the repaint :eek:k3:

Any plans on overhauling the engine/trans with that many miles on it?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! And not right now just going to see how long she lasts I will at some point but just not looking to make power right now

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
:eek:k3: Just curious. It would suck to put all that work into it and then have the engine or trans go out, but it's not likely that that will happen if it's made it this far

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I hope not lol but I do plan a rebuild next winter most likely, probably stock want to keep it as reliable as possible.

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
What size tires are you running on your 18s? They look a lot smaller than mine.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They are I messed up and ordered the wrong size. On a side note I was able to track down some factory chrome 17s that aren't peeling.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found some rust free doors and a new fender. Sorry pics suck it's -7° here I'm MN so I took them from the front seat

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I can't figure out pictures on my phone l'll upload them at home

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry its taken so long for updates heres the progress went into the shop 2 days ago

Here she is the night before she went in

First day she was in getting stripped down

And heres the progress yesterday, bumpers sanded and primed and glass pulled and started cutting apart the quarters and blocking the doors. Also addressing the rust in the windshield frame.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looking good! Keep us posted.
Thanks! Will do!

Here's todays progress, got the wheels, also welded in new metal where we cut out rust on the quarters. And got my new trunk lid being it was just easier to buy a new one vs fixing my old one.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Heres todays updates, fenders off left fender getting replaced right fender just getting alittle body work. Also blocking the quarters. Rockers are worse that originally thought but will be fixed just a minor set back.

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Coming right along!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Guys!

Cars going into primer today, then it'll be blocked and ready to paint end of this week or beginning of next week!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shes primed ready to be blocked tomorrow hopefully paint soon!

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Weird to see it all torn up like that. haha
Haha I've been thinking the same thing!

Paint today!!!:yahoo::yahoo:

Also got my wheels mounted on tires yesterday and had to daydream by putting them next to my girlfriends Impala.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Drum roll...:happy1:

1 - 20 of 484 Posts