Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to see everyone's progress on their cars.
How about a pic from time of purchase to current mods, in order to see the progress.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I wish I had a picture of mine when I got it. The wheels were trashed. I'll do some searching though. I might have one on my phone.

Things I have done

Replaced master window switch
Bought keyless remote (both stock one's were dead) and programmed it
Replaced Fuel level sensor
Replaced window ventshades (passenger side was broken from someone breaking into it)
Plus everything listed in my sig

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics are in order, I need a better camera:bang:

Attachments

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
What happened to the pin stripe? Did you remove it? I have always hated that stripe on these impala's. What's the antenna for? How did you tint the tails? Night-shades? How come you didn't remove the rear badge?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What happened to the pin stripe? Did you remove it? I have always hated that stripe on these impala's. What's the antenna for? How did you tint the tails? Night-shades? How come you didn't remove the rear badge?
ditched the pin stripe, its a cb antenna, yes night shades and I've been thinking about the debadge, but it already gets mistaken for a Malibu by all the jackasses around here:bang:.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
ditched the pin stripe, its a cb antenna, yes night shades and I've been thinking about the debadge, but it already gets mistaken for a Malibu by all the jackasses around here:bang:.
Rolling around with a cb, huh? I thought about one multiple times as it would be fun but, most of the time I have my system bumping anyways. Removing the rear badge really cleans things up a bit. I also removed the used dealer decal from my trunk lid. It said "harold zeigler hudsonville, MI".

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rolling around with a cb, huh? I thought about one multiple times as it would be fun but, most of the time I have my system bumping anyways. Removing the rear badge really cleans things up a bit. I also removed the used dealer decal from my trunk lid. It said "harold zeigler hudsonville, MI".
I pissed off the dealer when I pulled the dealer decal off in the parking lot about 2 minutes after I signed all the paperwork. Done the same with the dealer plate in the second pic I took on the test drive. Handed all that junk back to em and said "you can keep this"

The cb is required for work, but does make you feel better while working alone in BFE without cell service. The only time my system isn't bumpin is when I'm using the cb. :beer:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ 10-4 good buddy :eek:k3:

I looked for some pics to no avail :gaah:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it happens lol

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
^^ I know I just wish you guys could have seen how bad the wheels were. I was very close to scrapping them and buying some used or new ones. I am glad I spent the time to sand them down and paint them though. I spent at least 90 minutes in just sanding each wheel (took me 2 weekends) and I am still not 100% happy with the prep work I did.

Edit: Anyways let's quit spamming your own thread and let this get going :giggle:

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^^ I know I just wish you guys could have seen how bad the wheels were. I was very close to scrapping them and buying some used or new ones. I am glad I spent the time to sand them down and paint them though. I spent at least 90 minutes in just sanding each wheel (took me 2 weekends) and I am still not 100% happy with the prep work I did.

Edit: Anyways let's quit spamming your own thread and let this get going :giggle:
I high-jacked my own thread :giggle:

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's okay I have done it :eek:k3:

That's what happens when 2 car guys get bored :lol:
:iagree: pay day I'll be starting my intake build to occupy time :beer:

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Oh man, I've got a lot of pics. Here goes nothing! :beer:

The day I bought her:

First Mod:

Added HIDs

Dipping:

SS Tail Covers

Tint

Wheels

LED under dash. All interior lights are also replaced with LED bulbs, but I don't have pics of that.

Edit: I'm missing pics of my stereo install, all the LEDs I put in (reverse lights, plate lights, all interior bulbs), dipping the front bowtie and rear emblem of the SS tail covers, adding leaping deer to all 4 door panels, and probably a few other things I can't think of.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lovin it! Blacking out the grill bar changed the whole look of the front end. If you dip the grill emblem maybe leave the silver around the blue emblem silver? Have you thought about dipping the 8th gen wheels?

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
I have thought of dipping the rims but honestly can't afford it atm lol. I'm thinking of dipping the outside "lip" of the grille in blue and blacking out the grille. I'm also going to dip the deer of the c pillar emblem blue but leave the circle black. Thinking of dipping the rims black and then dipping the "pockets" of the wheel blue. What do you think?

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like the ideas, then maybe some blue neons for show

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
Lol we will see.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I like the ideas, then maybe some blue neons for show
blue neons? You mean lights?

FYI: True neon's are glass tubes filled with a gas. Anybody who says they have neon's under their car is lying.

Edit: RYD I like the way you painted the grill. I have just painted my emblem (inside part like yours) black and applied chrome vinyl pin stripe tape to the horizontal fins. I think come summer time I am just gonna paint it black.

·
LIFETIME HILLBILLY
6,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
blue neons? You mean lights?

FYI: True neon's are glass tubes filled with a gas. Anybody who says they have neon's under their car is lying.
Blue underglow lighting :eek:k3: :giggle:

Reactions: g25racer
1 - 20 of 88 Posts