Impala Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to this forum. Joined because I purchased a used 2004 Impala. Needed a new remote and purchased one from an online dealer. Thought I would pass along his programming instructions in case you might have lost your manual. This only works if vehicle has OEM keyless entry and factory radio.

1. Turn Ignition on and turn radio off
2. Press and hold DISPLAY on the radio until SETTINGS is displayed.
3. Use SEEK , scroll until FOB PROG appears
4. Press Prev or Next till BEGIN is displayed
Press DISp till PUSH FOB flashes, then
5. Press and Hold both LOCK and UNLOCK on the remote till beep or chime is heard
6. Repeat 4 and 5 for each remote to be used. All remotes must be programmed in this same programming sequence for them to work
7. Scroll until EXIT appears, and press DISP to exit programming. A chime will sound to verify.

This should work on 2001- 2005 Chevy Impala and Monte Carlos.

Look forward to belonging to this forum.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hi, new to this forum. Joined because I purchased a used 2004 Impala. Needed a new remote and purchased one from an online dealer . Thought I would pass along his programming instructions in case you might have lost your manual. This only works if vehicle has OEM keyless entry and factory radio;
1. Turn Ignition on and turn radio off
2. Press and hold DISPLAY on the radio until SETTINGS is displayed.
3. Use SEEK , scroll until FOB PROG appears
4. Press Prev or Next till BEGIN is displayed
Press DISp till PUSH FOB flashes, then
5. Press and Hold both LOCK and UNLOCK on the remote till beep or chime is heard
6. Repeat 4 and 5 for each remote to be used. All remotes must be programmed in this same programming sequence for them to work
7. Scroll until EXIT appears, and press DISP to exit programming. A chime will sound to verify.
This should work on 2001- 2005 Chevy Impala and Monte Carlos

Look forward to belonging to this forum.
Thanks Kermone and welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
10,726 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just got an Overkill tune and the remote start no longer works. All other buttons on fob work, should this fix the remote start?

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
was remote start working before, if yes then you have a code set by the new tune, try clearing code

·
Registered
2 Posts
key fob programming

go to www.remotesremotes.com
click on your year and make and model all instructions are there for all makes/models.
* 2011 & 2012 gm vehicles must be programmed by the dealer.
hope this helps someone out there.
Bill

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
I did a stereo relocation harness. That's the best way

·
Super Moderator
12,432 Posts
My understanding is that with the 2012+ Impalas, there is no way to program the remotes anymore and that you have to take it to a dealer to be programmed... You could program them yourself with earlier models, but not with the 2012+...

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts
My understanding is that with the 2012+ Impalas, there is no way to program the remotes anymore and that you have to take it to a dealer to be programmed... You could program them yourself with earlier models, but not with the 2012+...

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk
Isn't that nice and convenient lol.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
The newer the car the less aftermarket documentation exists in these regards but rest assured, there is always a way.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
The Dorman #99157 (remote start) or #99155 (non-remote start) fob programming kit from ebay will program remotes for the '12+ Impalas. The #99157 comes with the programmer and 5 button remote (~$55). The #99155 comes with the programmer and 4 button remote (~$40). Fwiw, you can buy extra remotes and uncut transponder keys on ebay for ~$10/ea. After plugging the programmer into the obd2 port, it literally takes seconds to program all your remotes. After having your new chipped keys cut at Ace Hardware or locksmith for ~$0-$5, just follow the simple instrs. in the owners manual to program the new keys. Easy-peasy, lol!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Also a note, even though it's essentially what the dealerships have but if you happen to own a Chinese Tech2 clone, you can easily program the remotes with it. Technically the years only go up to 2013 but if you have a 2014-2016 Impala Limited, you can still use the Tech2, just select the year 2013. I did with this with my 2014 Impala Limited and it worked just fine. The car only came with one key and one fob so I ordered aftermarket fobs and with the Tech2 clone, was able to put it into learning mode which does flash up on your speedometer cluster so that's how you know it's active. Then you just press and hold both lock and unlock until it beeps, confirming that the remote has been learned.

I'm not going to drone on about it, but anyone who is serious about fixing/working on their own vehicles, these Tech2 clones can be quite a lifesaver and even pay for themselves in no time at all. I was a bit sketchy on buying one myself but now I'm glad I did because I don't have to pay $90 diagnostic fees anytime something creeps up.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts