Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1990 Cadillac Fleetwood v8 will not start sometimes. Here's what happens:It starts in the morning to go to work, when I leave work, it starts also. BUT, if I try to start it again right after turning it off, it wont start. I have to let it sit for a while. It seems to turn over just fine, it's just that it will only start ONCE unless it sits for a bit. When I shut it off and park it, if try to start it right then, and it will NEVER start no matter how much I try. Can anyone please help? Thanks! I thought it was bad gas until it happens every single day now! Oh, this might also be important, occasionally when it does start, it feels like its going to stall out sometimes(not when I'm driving, just after I start it). I have to give it gas lightly so it doesn't stall out, but sometimes it does stall, and then I have to wait a while to start it up aagin. Now, the past 2 days, it wont start at all. It turns over though. Any suggestions?
i have been putting in unleaded, NOT PREMIUM, for about 4 years now. A mechanic said I don't need to put premium in.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what kind of gas are you putting into the car....because unleaded is a nono in cadillacs.... cadillacs require premium....if your putting premium in it....then i would say something to do with your plugs and or wires....good luck....

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your vehicle has an ignition problem, or a sensor problem. the grade of gas does not make it act that way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts