Impala Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
The problem is that you could have the exact same issues, even with a different car. It sounds like the lack of a competent dealer is the main problem here. For the few issues that I did have after I bought the car, they were resolved properly the first time!

I'm pretty sure that you (and your car) are the exception here and not the norm. I would get in touch with the GM customer service rep on this site and see if she can help you... If you can get the issues fixed and at least keep the car for a few years, you'd probably lose a lot less on the car...

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
The problem is that you could have the exact same issues, even with a different car. It sounds like the lack of a competent dealer is the main problem here. For the few issues that I did have after I bought the car, they were resolved properly the first time!

I'm pretty sure that you (and your car) are the exception here and not the norm. I would get in touch with the GM customer service rep on this site and see if she can help you... If you can get the issues fixed and at least keep the car for a few years, you'd probably lose a lot less on the car...
Again, while that's true, at least with a new car, I have the lemon laws on my side and can literally force GM to give me a new car if it has trouble. Can't do that with a used car.

Quite frankly, the customer service rep here on the boards won't do any more than a rep I would have already contacted via email/phone. I have yet to see these "board reps" actually solve anyone's problem.

I agree, I'd rather keep the car. But for all these problems, I'm paying for my sanity now. Literally.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Actually, some states do have lemon laws for used cars - you might want to look into that. Also, even with a new car (at least in PA), the lemon law is only valid for 1 year or 12k miles, so you could run into the exact same situation after 12k miles!

·
Registered
882 Posts
for the record, if anyone didnt have their tail light seals replaces, there is a campaign for it. they did it before i even took possession of the car

·
Registered
882 Posts
quote from the dealer "GM found that the tail lights might not have a tight enough seal and could let moisture in so we replaced the seals to ensure that would not happen.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Without derailing this thread too much, the problem is that I did exactly that, and more, and my car never exhibited any of the issues I am experiencing while testing/inspecting it. And I have been VERY diligent about trying to get things remedied.

At least buying new, I can be sure of two things: firstly, that it hasn't been used, AT ALL. If it was and/or it turns out to be a lemon, guess what...I have the law on my side. Taking the car in for service as much as I have, I could have forced them to give me another new vehicle (lemon law). You cannot do that with a used car, which is why I'm currently SOL. You can bet I would have done that by now.

well I bought brand new and instead of getting someone else's problems, I got my own set of problems. Lemon law is vague also, hell I almost got killed in mine, but lawyers won't take the case because of the way the service writer wrote the papers up at the dealer...now I'm stuck with a deathtrap...most likely to trade it in

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all! I just purchased a 2014 Impala 2LT. And guess what? It was a rental.

The Carfax was squeaky clean, no accidents or anything. The car runs and drives great, no squeaks or rattles or tears in the upholstery. As far as I'm concerned, I got it for a steal, since the dealership sold it at $8K off the list price of a new 2014 Impala 2LT. :) all because it was a "rental". And since the car is still relatively new, the dealership offered an additional extended bumper to bumper warranty for another 6 years/90k miles for the duration of the loan.

Well yes and no. More on the side of no...hell no.

Rental cars are purely made 1/3 the quality of a new, production retail unit. Over the past 6 months, I've been in a Tahoe, a Cruze, two Malibus, two Impalas, and another one I can't remember. All of them, even those under 5K miles, squeaked and rattled to high hell. Aside from the Impalas, all the other cars were 2014.

If perception is important to GM, driving that through rentals is NOT the way to go. I daresay that it actually DESTROYS perception.

How do I know this? My own car was a formal rental, which is why I have so many problems with it, which has now turned into the overarching reason why I'm looking to get rid of it for a real "production" car. Something that wasn't fleet trash.
^ Just wanted to say that this is all completely false.

Also wanted to say that GM is in fact selling 2014 Impalas to fleets - it's called the 2014 Impala Limited haha.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts