Impala Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im getting ready to do an oil change and tune up this weekend, so i was trying to get some advice on what engine oil and spark plugs perform the best in a 1991 350 tbi chevy caprice. Not worried about the price at all.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
I've always had good luck with Autolite's, I like WIX filter's, I'm not overly picky about oil, no no-name stuff but brand name and lately using the semi-syn stuff. I go 3-5k between changes and can see thru the oil all the time.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I like autolite double platinums, the denso tin tips are my second choice. Ac delcos are the best, but too expensive for me.

As for oil. I like Purolator filters and whatever synthetic is on special that month with the exception of Pennzoil.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Autolite copper plugs in all of my Chevy 350 Engines.

·
Registered
997 Posts
You are the marketing departments dream....

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
Good god, what did you spend $250 on plugs alone? Probably $75 an oil change? That shit isn't going to make the car run any better or last any longer, why would you do that?

·
Banned
574 Posts
Hey im getting ready to do an oil change and tune up this weekend, so i was trying to get some advice on what engine oil and spark plugs perform the best in a 1991 350 tbi chevy caprice. Not worried about the price at all.
NGK spark plugs are excellent and have a well earned reputation for quality. They also wont break the bank. AMSOIL Signature Series 0W-30 synthetic motor oil is a phenomenal product; improved fuel economy, increased wear protection, easy winter cold engine starts, lower emissions, reduced maintenance costs.

·
Banned
574 Posts
I've always had good luck with Autolite's, I like WIX filter's, I'm not overly picky about oil, no no-name stuff but brand name and lately using the semi-syn stuff. I go 3-5k between changes and can see thru the oil all the time.
Buyer beware; semi-synthetic oils can have as little as 1% synthetic oil present in the blend and still be legally called a semi-synthetic oil, but with a much higher price than petroleum oils. If the oil bottle doesn't tell you the percentage of the blend, buyer beware.

·
Registered
997 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts