Impala Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
As new as your car still is there are not at this time. Have you talked to the dealer? Have you tried a different dealership? If still not getting your problem fixed call GM in Detriot.

·
Registered
142 Posts
precision red ss - i have the red jewel; tintcoat a $295. option, goes good with the rare factory chrome wheels, only on the 2008 ss v8 model.. if your problem is nicks on the front end ,we all get them.. rkvette

·
Registered
234 Posts
precision red ss - i have the red jewel; tintcoat a $295. option, goes good with the rare factory chrome wheels, only on the 2008 ss v8 model.. if your problem is nicks on the front end ,we all get them.. rkvette
we have the exact car... and i do have some on the front end, right aboce the grill

·
Premium Member
10,731 Posts
This is, by far, the worst vehicle for front end nicks I have had since maybe my 1990 300 ZX TT. Due to the odd slope (not like a Vette's) and being very low to the ground, I understood that. This I don't.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Our cars are rock magnets.

·
Premium Member
22,815 Posts
^^Those are transvestites.......

And, yeah, try having a white one, boys....

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've got a bunch of rock chips on mine, it's to be expected. My Jeep has them, too, and it's definitely not low to the ground. My main paint problem is from a truck that blew a tire going down the freeway. It put a big scratch on the front and side of the car. Pissed me off. I couldn't get the truck to stop and the company refused to take responsibility.

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
I'm not sure about Precision Red, but my Victory Red hasn't held up particularly well.

·
Registered
185 Posts
My 2007 SS has the Jewel Red and polished rims. Hella lots of chips on the first foot of the hood.

Thought about getting a nose bra, but that is SO 80's.

Looked on eBay and found these items:
Pro Precut Paint Protection Film Bumper Kit Chevy Impala 2006 2012 | eBay

AND

Pro Precut Paint Protection Film Hood Kit Chevrolet Impala 2006 2013 | eBay

I only have the hood protector, but I like it, and the only thing you see is a fine line where it ends on the hood. I'll take that over chips any day!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts