Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have a picture of a powerglide kickdown? preferably the part where the upper rod linkage connects to the vertical rod

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kickdown linkage question

What is it that you're looking for in the picture? I have a 1961 and 1963 Impala Shop Manual, which has some pretty good diagrams, but I'll haveto send those on Monday (3/9/09), since my scanner at home is crap.

Here's what I know:

There are three linkages that actually make the assembly up; one adjustable linkage that goes from the left side of the carb to the second linkage that actually mounts to the top left side of the bell housing. From here, the third linkage attaches to the fixed linkage and the tab/linkage on the tranny (there's a small tab above the forward driver's side corner of the fluid pan with a small ball-joint-like fitting on it).

Even though I couldn't scan the diagram that I know will help, I hope this helps out a bit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know there is a clip the connects the swivel clip to the vertical linkage. but i need to know what holds that clip from coming off the vertical linkage

·
Registered
32 Posts
Kickdown Linkage

i know there is a clip the connects the swivel clip to the vertical linkage. but i need to know what holds that clip from coming off the vertical linkage
The top linkage from the carb to the vertical linkage is held by a ball and socket type of connection, at least on mine it is. The vertical linkage has a stud at the end with a small ball fitting and the linkage from the carb has a small socket in the side that just snaps in. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my setup seems kind of diffterent. where the upper linkage connects to carb seems the same. but where the upper linkage connects to the vertical linkage, it seems different.This piece connects the upper linkage to the vertical linkage on my car.http://www.firewheelclassics.com/store/item.asp?Category=&SubCategoryID=&GroupID=&SKU=TRN714
there is a hole at the top of the vertical linkage. almost like a small screw or bolt goes in and keeps that clip from coming off the vertical linkage

·
Registered
32 Posts
Pictures, Finally

Tucker,

Here are the pictures of the infamous kickdown linkage. Might be too late, but I remembered to take a couple pics for you today.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that looks similiar but mine is different. i will see if i can get a couple pics of my setup or something that is similiar

1 - 7 of 7 Posts