Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there! I'm new to the forum, came here to read some of the forum posts, and also to get help with this issue. This afternoon, I went outside to go somewhere, and noticed that I had left my front driver's side window rolled down on accident yesterday, and it had rained between now and then :bang: Now, the window won't roll up. I can hear a little bit of noise for a couple seconds when I hit the switch either way, but the glass moves only a tiny bit (can feel it move just a tiny bit if you reach down into the door and touch the glass--and isn't really moving up or down, just moving, if that makes any sense). Does it sound like the rain ruined the motor?

I have taped some plastic on the window for now to keep rain/bugs/animals/etc out, but it is very annoying and very loud. If it is the motor or regulator, I can fix it myself, I just am not sure how to tell what exactly needs replaced and don't want to just throw parts at it.

Thanks in advance!

Almost forgot to mention: I have a 2000 Impala base model, 3.4L.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would try hitting the door frame a few times and then see if the window will roll up.

If that doesn't work, try removing the door panel and lubricating the regulator with white lithium grease and the fabric door tracks with silicone spray.

As a worst case scenario, order a replacement window motor & regulator assembly off eBay and replace it yourself.

Good luck :)

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Sounds like the motor could be dying. That'll have to be replaced. I think for the time being, you can pull the panel off and raise the window by hand, but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yea, does sound like motor dying. Seems like your pushing the switch but the motor I
s weak

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah that's the same problem I have on the front driver side of my 2005 I am ordering a new motor for it and switch it out myself. I was told it happens to a lot of them after time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i have the same problem with my 00 impala and try while pushing the button down pull back on it mine does this all the time and i tried that works everytime lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts