Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I recently bought a 95 wagon with the LT1 and since I've had it it's leaked oil out the front of the engine. It's clean every where but under the water pump which leads me to believe that I have a failing main seal. Is this going to be as big of a pita to change as the oil pump would have been, had I done it to the 96? I have a feeling it will be...

·
8th Gen Antagonist
13,660 Posts
No, you will need the tool for the water pump seal, and a balancer puller, but it's not a bad job at all. You just have to get the timing cover off and replace the seals.

·
Storm Trooper Ralf
4,334 Posts
Yup, take all the bs off the front, pull timing cover and balance and r and r the seal. Atleast u have room to do it, we did one in a 95 camaro and there is zero room to work. The radiator and fans had to come out.

·
Super Moderator
3,946 Posts
the water pump drive seal may well be the issue. If you are creative you don't have to pull the cover. Pulling the timing cover involves loosening the oilpan................

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's what I was afraid of... I'll get a picture of it, although I don't know how much good it'll do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts