Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i figure i would post this in general discussion instead of buggin the b body guys with a question im sure theyve heard a billion million times.

1) I'm selling my W body impala this fall and am looking to get about 5 or so grand out of it hopefully, so ill have 5 grand, plus what breathing room i have in my bank account, so about 10-12 grand. Im looking to by a Impala ss 94-96, preferably the OBDII 96 SS, which will boost the price.

My question is, with my budget low like it is, im looking at getting a SS with about 110+k miles on it, so what things mechanically are common problems with cars with that high of mileage. I think i of rear window regulators? but anything you guys know of that these cars a famous for having break will be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't limit yourself so much. In august I bought my Real 1995 ss with almost 18,000 orig miles on it for 12,500, and the guy was askin 18,000. I had been wanting a dark green grey metallic imp ss with a sunroof for about 8 years and i everytime i looked at them on autotrader or elsewhere all the 100k mile plus ones seemed so expensive. I was close a few times to givin in and just getting a well used one, but boy am i glad i held off. Alot of the higher priced impys have been on autotrader and stuff for quite a while, so maybe just like the previous owner of mine one of those guys will be willing to drop a few grand off. Good luck searchin and do yourself a favor and take your time, and search well. And don't be afraid to ask 6th gen questions in the 6th gen forum, Its always to quiet there anyway, we need more posts.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
what he said screw getting 1 w over 100*** on it:biggrin:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not sure which color your lookin for, but here are some links to ones within a few hundred miles of you
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...n=&max_price=16000&cardist=169&standard=false
that one has been on there for quite a while so maybe he can work on the price. This one http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...on=&max_price=16000&cardist=31&standard=false
is close to where i used to live at a dealership called gap chevy in johnstown pa. I almost bought it back in august and they were askin i believe 15,500 or more for it and the lowest they would go was 13,800, and now its 12,900 so maybe the'll go lower since theve had it since july 2008. Again do a good search on autotrader or elsewhere and don't be scared to call and ask for a lower price.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure which color your lookin for, but here are some links to ones within a few hundred miles of you
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...n=&max_price=16000&cardist=169&standard=false
that one has been on there for quite a while so maybe he can work on the price. This one http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...on=&max_price=16000&cardist=31&standard=false
is close to where i used to live at a dealership called gap chevy in johnstown pa. I almost bought it back in august and they were askin i believe 15,500 or more for it and the lowest they would go was 13,800, and now its 12,900 so maybe the'll go lower since theve had it since july 2008. Again do a good search on autotrader or elsewhere and don't be scared to call and ask for a lower price.
Hey thanks for all your effort man!, I live in Ohio, so really anything within 3 hours drive from findlay is reasonable. What are some mechanical problems i should look out for?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Check to see if the rear exhaust manifold bolts are still on the engine. In a high mileage engine the chances are good they've broken off.

Look for any leaks at the water pump and replace the pump gaskets and bolts if needed. Leaks at this point can cause failure of the Optispark.

Check front suspension: alignment, ball joints, idler arm.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts