Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently moved back to El Paso, TX to attend a performance tuner school program. My main love is watercooled VWs and E30 BMWs but I've owned my fair share of Chevy's though I've never paid for any of em. My 1st car was a 99 Malibu 2.4l4, 2nd an 03 2.2 ecotech cavalier ls sport coupe then I got hooked on VWs while working for a dealer and traded tha cavalier for an 07 rabbit 4 door which was later made into the first turbo 5cyl rabbit in the Pacific NW and is the only turbo 2.5 in the El Paso area at the moment. I then inherited my grandma's 03 impala 3.4 but due to problems with transferring ownership I traded it when my wife's car crapped out so she could have a drivable vehicle. I also am working on an 84 Rabbit GTI which is the car that started the euro/ import scenes... I'll apologize that its responsible for ratty hondas with big fart cans and gay spoilers, us euro heads can't stand JDM cars either and we understand the value of torque since all the HP in the world doesn't mean anything if it doesn't hit until 300RPM before redline. Anyways biggest reason I'm here is due to my location and vocation I'm betting I'll be working on an Impala sooner or later and in all honesty my 03 Impala is the only AT car I've ever owned that did 3 gear burnouts. I wouldn't mind building an older one for myself later on when I've got more room for more projects. So here's a pic of my current projects. I know they aren't even american but I'm sure some of you might appreciate.

2007 Rabbit:: Audi RS4 19" rims, h&r sport springs, bilstein shocks, c2 stage 2 turbo for the 2.5 inline 5, spec stage 2 clutch, forge 007 diverter valve
1984 Rabbit GTI: electric fuel pump conversion, larger throttle body sourced from unknown audi by a previous owner, 2.0 head, Techtonics Tuning race cam, Techtonics Tuning header back exhaust with borla muffler, MKII GTI teardrop 14" rims, techtonics tuning short shift kit, spraypainted green by previous owner coming soon desert storm camo theme

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
i can appreciate anyone that mods there cars and appreciates american muscle not to mention tourque!!!!!!:biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
7,057 Posts
Welcome. I am glad to hear that you also hate the big coffee can mufflers as well. Nice conversion with the 07 5 cylinder Turbo Rabbit. How fast can that little car go?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I go to El Paso about three times a year. My family is from there, as is my wife's. Which side of the Franklins are you? Go Miners!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts