Impala Forums banner

161 - 180 of 199 Posts

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
Thanks for the link. :eek:k3:
This will be the route I go when I get around to doing it!

Hey Burt:
Are you doing the roof vinyl too?
I was measuring the roof and I'm not sure the 48'' width is enough.
It may be, but it seems that it'll just make it (in the front), if it does.

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
I did a new "photoshoot" today in my driveway (lame location, yes). This picture kinda gives you an idea of my ground clearance... if you can call it that lol

For those meticulous people that will notice, yes the car is off level side to side, no it's not saggy springs. Curse of an uneven driveway

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
I have them on stock replacement struts and its almost been a 1 1/2 weeks since install. I've been thinking of doing something like that JD to these rims. I just haven't figured out which way to go about it. Tried doing something along those lines to my stock ones (a real PITA), but I could never end up getting good seams when I peeled the tape off. Main reason why I ended up doing the stocks all black, lol. Maybe since I have a larger lip to work with it may come out better. I may try here in the next couple of weeks with the weather finally breaking. I'm going to order the glossifier from dipyourcar.com since no one sells it in my area. Shocked I couldn't even find the glossifier cheaper on Ebay w/ an avg of $13-15/can with shipping :dizzy: My local Lowe's sales plasti-dip for $6/can. Too bad they only have black and white. They just started carrying the white at that.
Thanks for the feedback fellas. I'll be starting a thread on all the changes I've made soon.
They should had settle by now but I wouldn't worry to much, it looks perfect instead of saggy in the rear... and with the wheels having a bigger lip I think it will be easier to do. Yeah same thing over here, Home Depot only used to sell the black for less then $6 and they just started selling the white just last month.

I'm part way through putting this on my car. Great product.

Shadowline Matte & Gloss Black Window Trim & Roof Vinyls
A friend of mine used that on his Audi he said it took for ever to install but when he was finally done it looked amazing, still does.

Thanks for the link. :eek:k3:
This will be the route I go when I get around to doing it!

Hey Burt:
Are you doing the roof vinyl too?
I was measuring the roof and I'm not sure the 48'' width is enough.
It may be, but it seems that it'll just make it (in the front), if it does.
I would NOT buy the 48" I did the mistake 8 months ago and ended up being too short, go with 60"x60" on Ebay for like $60-$70. I'm still undecided wheather to do it or not or just plasti dip it and buy glossifier, it would be cheaper.
I did a new "photoshoot" today in my driveway (lame location, yes). This picture kinda gives you an idea of my ground clearance... if you can call it that lol

For those meticulous people that will notice, yes the car is off level side to side, no it's not saggy springs. Curse of an uneven driveway
Looks great! (I was about to pointed out, lol).

·
Registered
288 Posts
Here's a few shots of my 2008 lowered LT. W-Body Springs 1.7" Front and 1.5" Rear (same as JD1). Still in the break in period. Love how the front looks, but the back end looks a smidget too much gap compared to the front. What do you guys think? Would increasing the weight in the trunk help settle them down a bit more or should I just leave them the way they are and see how time does to them?

1st shot is before 2nd is after

That looks sick with all the chrome off it and window trim dipped. I want to eventually get the shadow line for my trim too.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My 69 on air

Hello, this is my 69 with a Ridetech air ride/airpod system. I still have an additional 3-4 inches of drop on the rear. I need to relocate my rear calipers because, when I air out my rear bags the chassis hits the calipers. I am blueprinting the 383 roller motor in the car as we speak, as soon as I am finished I will tackle that issue. Thanks for looking.

·
Go Get It
15,065 Posts
I believe he said he used eBay springs and cut a couple coils off.

Reactions: CinRed

·
Registered
44 Posts
EBay springs on Monroe struts, rides terrible! Lol, can't hit any pot holes, my back hurts from riding in it lol

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
That looks amazing, but I wouldn't go that low unless I could raise it back up with the push of a button. Do you have much of a problem with the front sway bar binding with the tie rods?

·
Registered
44 Posts
No binding, but I cut the lowering springs so short that you can move the spring freely in the strut when the cars off the ground, I've had the car for 7 years and always wanted it slammed, so I went all out. I have the OEM springs at home if I ever get tiard of it. Always wanted air bags, maybe on my next car.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The subframe is the lowest part of the car, pry 2,inches off the ground so its always getting banged up. Luckely the oil and trans pans are an inch higher then the subframe.

161 - 180 of 199 Posts