Impala Forums banner

61 - 80 of 199 Posts

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Thanks guys!:beer:

The ride is pretty good for rolling on stock blown out struts and the lowest of low profile aka no give tires haha

Overall i am very pleased with it. The car feels alot more sporty and responsive. I dont feel like i am driving a boat around anymore :lol:
I would def. consider this a must for the 8th gen guys, feels like a whole different car.

and the looks, well dont even get me started. Lets just say definition of sexy:eek:k3:

(I do think the back looks lower than the front, not a big deal but when i have some time im gonna cut 1/4 - 1/2 of a spring off the front)

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Make sure the spring in the front is the right kind to cut. If it's not tangential ended then you'll just ruin a good set of springs. Also check the position of the spring, and how it's installed. This will dictate whether you cut the top or the bottom. On the 91-96 b-bodies, you always cut the bottom.

Most of all good luck, if it's done right you will be very happy. I've cut 4 different sets of springs, and my own set 3 times now. I'm finally where I want to be, and couldn't be happier.

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Totally agree impaler, out of that whole car the main thing I hate is the quarter panels. Just doesn't look right at all.
Exactly, you know you need to change it when EVEN THE BIG WIGS at GM decided to do it :lol:

·
Registered
418 Posts
(I do think the back looks lower than the front, not a big deal but when i have some time im gonna cut 1/4 - 1/2 of a spring off the front)
I wonder what it would do to the "rear sag" appearance if you went with a slightly taller rear tire sidewall than in the front. Then maybe it would balance it out without having to cut your springs and risk doing some permanent damage. Since you have such low profile tires now, it might be just enough to give you the look you want without really being noticeable since the car sits down over the tires now.

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
...... Or you can use spring spacers for the rear.

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
True that. That's why I lowered my car today!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo: Pics tomorrow!

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
Sorry pictures are REALLY BAD, but here they go:

BEFORE:

AFTER:

·
Super Moderator
18,501 Posts
DAYUM JD!!! NIIICE!:eek:k3::beer:

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
Thanks guys. I'm not 100% happy with how the front looks> a little higher. Is on stock struts and I didn't roll the rear fenders. I'll try to take better pics by next week after I wash it, LOL.

·
Makes your VISION, stop & stare
3,934 Posts
Looks nice jd. What springs did u use? I have 20s as well n want to drop mine to just deciding on springs.

·
Registered
303 Posts
had to put it back on stocks...

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
:cool:oh i didnt know it will come out this big...

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts

Let us know if they're up to the task!
It'd be nice if they are!
Here in Dallas/Plano we've got some rough roads to contend with...

·
The F*** Killer
1,592 Posts
So far they doing good, already put 500 miles on them and still riding good.

61 - 80 of 199 Posts