41 - 60 of 199 Posts

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Some sick cars man. Love lowered.

·
Apex Everything
2,939 Posts
Hey burt how do you like your drop? I was thinking about gettting the ss springs for a 1.7 front and 1.6 rear drop instead of 1.6 front and rear. I really don't want my rear being lower with my subs and other stuff in there. Do you have subs or 100+ lbs in your truck. Is your at completely level?
I love my drop on these springs. While the impact is a bit harsher over big holes (which it's generally good to avoid anyway) they ride very well overall, and the car's handling is much improved. I do have an obscenely heavy box/sub combination in my trunk, which i don't know the weight of, but 100 lb. is a good estimate. I'd be careful about getting it lowered more in the front, because the front overhang is so long, so it's easy to scrape

·
Registered
560 Posts
hey yall sorry for long time no see but im seriousl debating on bag or droppin but ill probably go with drop for now

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Not mine, but very sexy.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
I just went ahead and bought the 1.6 in CM springs, shorter dogbones, and anti-pogo washers.

Im not real worrried about scrape but figured i could just cut off 1/4 or 1/2 coil if i wanted to get another 1/4in or 1/2in of drop without really losing ride quality.

·
Banned
154 Posts
Before & after Vogtland lowering spring install '03 Impala

'03 Impala with Vogtland lowering springs & KYB Excel G struts. Vogtland claims a 1.2" drop front and back which is pretty accurate. I would have preferred more drop in the front.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I love your wheels wildcats

·
Banned
154 Posts
^ Thanks. I think the tires are beefy and ugly 45 series but they were free and brand new so I figured I'd just wait til they wear out and then replace with 40's.

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
^ me to, things so sexy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
laid out

hey guys im new to the forums im alittle old school but love to add a newer touch this my project not finished but its a 63 impala air ride 22's on rear 20's on front 480 hp LS3

Attachments

·
Back in Black
4,127 Posts
Really Nice project, should be a blast to drive.

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Not mine, but very sexy.
if you're going to put that kinda money into a 94-96 SS, get those rear quarters molded in seamlessly and get rid of those nasty side mirrors. I love those wheels though, this guy did an excellent job with the air ride.

·
SadiStic Impala
2,457 Posts
Looks good EJ! :eek:k3:

Totally agree impaler, out of that whole car the main thing I hate is the quarter panels. Just doesn't look right at all.

41 - 60 of 199 Posts