Impala Forums banner

181 - 197 of 197 Posts

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #181
You really need to see if you can make/find a custom spring setup for the struts in the front. Cutting springs does lower the car and increase the spring rate, but also stresses the steel coil and can cause (under heavy hits/bumps) to possibly crack the I.D. of the spring. And i'm sure that on yours, like my car, the reason it rides so bad is because after cutting the springs you're so close to the bumpstops that it goes from (example #'s only) 600lb/in rate to solid after an inch of travel.

This is all speaking from experience lol i know the sacrifices you make on ride for the sake of a sick looking stance. Some days it's totally worth it but others you wanna kill it with fire..

And count your blessings cause the lowest points on my car are the oil & transmission pans :lol:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Gota pay to play! Even if that means buying a junkyard subframe from Vince's because you destroyed the original lol (6 months ago)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Getting lower....almost there

Moved the rear calipers...will be installing shorty headers instead of the long tubes that I have in there now...rests on the flanges when bags are aired out. I will be getting her just a lil lower....in time. Guy snapped this pic at a local car show...think it looks cool.

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Try using a site like photobucket and posting the codes here. It looks sick from your avatar :ok3:

Also, I hope you meant "complements" and not "complaints" :lol:

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
Looking like its cut out going by the cut at the bottom of the cut out, looks likes it's not straight. Sorry just my OCD kicking in.
Also what are those across the roof line by the windshield. Looks like running lights from a truck.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
Family Cars!

I have a lowered 1964 Bel Air that parks next to my lowered 2003 Impala LS Sport. The Bel Air has cut springs and new KYB shocks. It still has the 'jet smooth' ride ;). The Impala was lowered using Canuck Motorsports springs with the stock struts. I've driven it this way for 3 1/2 years with no issues, though it is a fairly low mileage car at 111k miles. They make a couple of nice family cruisers!

Attachments

·
Go Get It
15,039 Posts
Very nice!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
2012 Chevrolet Impala 3.6 Lowered.

Recently just lowered her this winter and I cannot be happier with my experience with the build and the handling of my Impala.

Suspension mods .
D.R. Brace Kit
GM Strut Bars-Front & Rear
BMR trailing arms .
Anti-Pogo washers.
Energy suspension Front sway bar bushings.
Moog sway bar links front and back.
Moog R-Series Control Arms RED.
ADDCO 639 Rear Anti Sway Bar.
Monroe strut mounting hardware .
KYB AGX Adjustable Struts FRONT & REAR.
SSC Grand Prix Lowering Springs

BTW I am a new member and this is my second post.:lol:
Please view my album to see my entire build.
Please feel free to contact me ABOUT ANY QUESTIONS.

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
I want to lower my '14 limiteds front end a tad is the "easiest" way removing the isolators or is there something even easier considering that isn't very easy...

·
Registered
308 Posts

So what's the difference exactly between KYB and AGX? Also will these work on a SS? I assume they would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

181 - 197 of 197 Posts