Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
I know I'm breaking the only rule, but I don't know how to do a burnout in an automatic, and my truck doesn't have posi and I refuse to post up a one wheel burnout, but I want to see this thread take off cause I LOVE LOVE LOVE big smokey burnouts sooo.....here goes..

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
haha that's crazy talk....sticks are clearly the easiest....stomp the gas then dump the clutch! I think there's way more finesse to getting the gas pedal to brake pedal ratio on the auto correct..

·
Registered
2,468 Posts

heres my buddy Timmy on his 06 NightTrain.. It was time to replace the rear tire so he said WTH. he wanted to shift up but if he took his foot off the ground the bike would have kicked out.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
haha that's crazy talk....sticks are clearly the easiest....stomp the gas then dump the clutch! I think there's way more finesse to getting the gas pedal to brake pedal ratio on the auto correct..
No brakes involved with the SS... just turn TC off and floor it... if you actually get traction and dont leave a burnout, then your tires are probablly new, and you shouldnt be burning out anyway LOL.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
With an 8th gen SS, even with brand new tires, if you don't get a burnout from a standstill, something is seriously wrong. I can do a short burnout on dry pavement starting at 20 MPH. No performance mods, good tires.

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
‪tims smokey burnout!!!‬‏ - YouTube

heres my buddy Timmy on his 06 NightTrain.. It was time to replace the rear tire so he said WTH. he wanted to shift up but if he took his foot off the ground the bike would have kicked out.
Things I liked best about that video....

The car passing by, didn't stop or alter course in anyway, just drove through the line of fire..
The dude didn't bother stopping to let the car pass..
The flames that were shooting out of the pipes, and the red hot pipes when it was all over..

No brakes involved with the SS... just turn TC off and floor it... if you actually get traction and dont leave a burnout, then your tires are probablly new, and you shouldnt be burning out anyway LOL.
oh, good to know, I will keep that in mind, thanks..

With an 8th gen SS, even with brand new tires, if you don't get a burnout from a standstill, something is seriously wrong. I can do a short burnout on dry pavement starting at 20 MPH. No performance mods, good tires.
See, I'm looking for the big smokey burnouts like the one I posted, anything less just leaves me feeling empty inside lol..

I've seen ads for a "burn out button" which when installed and pressed, cuts off brake fluid pressure to the rear, so when you hold the brakes, you can burn out all day long and never worry....this should be a mandatory mod....I want one on everything I own!!

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I've seen ads for a "burn out button" which when installed and pressed, cuts off brake fluid pressure to the rear, so when you hold the brakes, you can burn out all day long and never worry....this should be a mandatory mod....I want one on everything I own!!

Sometimes it is labeled "transmission detonation" button .

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
bah.....just gives a reason to step up to the high-po version

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
You should definitley install that on the Impala. I just want to be able to see your face when you realize you cut off brake pressure to the wrong wheels LOL.

Honestly tho... i wonder if it would even work if you cut off brake pressure to the front wheels instead... doubt the rear brakes are even powerful enough to hold.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You should definitley install that on the Impala. I just want to be able to see your face when you realize you cut off brake pressure to the wrong wheels LOL.

Honestly tho... i wonder if it would even work if you cut off brake pressure to the front wheels instead... doubt the rear brakes are even powerful enough to hold.
Pull the e-brake??????

Ill have to go home and see if i can get my video of my burnout in my 93 Caprice....I also have a few from the Dream Cruise ill post up....If somebody can post a better burnout video, id be shocked :)

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Pull the e-brake??????

Ill have to go home and see if i can get my video of my burnout in my 93 Caprice....I also have a few from the Dream Cruise ill post up....If somebody can post a better burnout video, id be shocked :)
e brake will DEFINITLEY not hold the car when u floor it... and that would defeat the purpose of having the burnout button anyways...

·
Banned
2,492 Posts

hahaha, that would be funny to see! well it's not specific to any application, so if you have FWD, you can set it up to cut off the front wheels, and if you have RWD, you can set it up to cut off the rear wheels, but you are right, the B-Body's have that brake issue....I just assumed everyone did that mod to fix them...

·
aka IMPALER
3,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Pull the e-brake??????

I feel like that's a challenge :beer:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
hahaha, that would be funny to see! well it's not specific to any application, so if you have FWD, you can set it up to cut off the front wheels, and if you have RWD, you can set it up to cut off the rear wheels, but you are right, the B-Body's have that brake issue....I just assumed everyone did that mod to fix them...
what year impala do you own?

·
Banned
2,492 Posts
06 very plane jane, was gonna do a total custom, but decided to go with an '11 for it so now I am waiting on one to get reasonably priced so I can make the switch over, also been trying to get a 95 caprice 9c1 for a decade but they are all turds where I'm from.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Yeah same here (on the caprice)... the few that are in decent shape, the owners usually think they are sitting on a goldmine and want $4500 for it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts