Impala Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Found the 1210. Next model. WHEW $800!!! probably totally worth it but so out of my reach for a while lol. One day for sure. But for now.... $50 interface is cool with me!
You're looking in the wrong places, sir!!!

@jtrosky has a "few" for sale lol. You should ask him about it. They're really not ridiculously priced.

Meanwhile, here's more information to get you convinced lol.

http://www.impalaforums.com/#/topics/406298

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I actually have that link opened in another window! I found it a bit after you brought it up. Also you're very correct about me looking in the wrong places. Found a few on ebay for like $100. That is totally worth it, especially since, if I am correct they have rca outs for amps. Just gotta see if I have to get a nav antenna.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Yes, you'll need a main harness, a GPS antenna and a backup camera if you so desire. I am also positive they have an RCA out, but i can't say with absolute certainty.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yes, you'll need a main harness, a GPS antenna and a backup camera if you so desire. I am also positive they have an RCA out, but i can't say with absolute certainty.
That could be true... There are like 6 for that price with positive reviews on all of them. Figured it can't hurt to send the seller and email.

·
Registered
598 Posts
For what it's worth, I found this.

I am by no means well versed in car audio, but this might answer your question.

Regarding the Rosen 1010, Crutchfield says this:

"5.1 Preamp Outputs (Optional): With the optional Rosen 5.1-channel RCA output harness (135DP1011, sold separately) you can connect external aftermarket amplifiers for a 5.1 speaker audio system"

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
For what it's worth, I found this.

I am by no means well versed in car audio, but this might answer your question.

Regarding the Rosen 1010, Crutchfield says this:

"5.1 Preamp Outputs (Optional): With the optional Rosen 5.1-channel RCA output harness (135DP1011, sold separately) you can connect external aftermarket amplifiers for a 5.1 speaker audio system"
Drats... Hey atleast it's possible lol. Anyways, gotta win the bid first right! And hope and pray the thing shifts..

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
FYI - as already stated, you need an option 5.1 line-out harness for the Rosen 1010 (I have some if needed) - and the GM1210 comes with a 5.1 line-out harness (at least if it's a full kit) - the 1210's that I sell include ALL harnesses that comes with the 1210 when new.

The GM1210 harness is very expensive (most folks charge about $189 just for the main harness) - because it also includes the external CANBUS box on the harness (whereas the CANBUS box is internal on the GM1010).

Unfortunately, the Bose/Non-Bose harnesses for the GM1010 are almost non-existent now. However, I can make them as-needed (I can even make the Bose harnesses for the GM1010 now!).

Just some additional info.

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I didn't get any of them. Some douche kept bidding up on them. I hate people who have dealerships, deep pockets and buy their inventory at these things.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
i have had a single din kenwood excelon in my 2010 for 6 years now. it serves the purpose while providing great sound (accompanied by a 400 watt rms amp and jl audio door/decklid speakers). if you can live without the flashy screen you'll save more money for other things...like getting rid of the crap speakers these cars came with! lol

·
Registered
598 Posts
i have had a single din kenwood excelon in my 2010 for 6 years now. it serves the purpose while providing great sound (accompanied by a 400 watt rms amp and jl audio door/decklid speakers). if you can live without the flashy screen you'll save more money for other things...like getting rid of the crap speakers these cars came with! lol
I've heard a lot of people say the speakers that come in the car are crap, even the ones with Bose. How true is that? I've been very happy with the way my car sounds, but then again, I've never experienced an upgraded sound system yet.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I will say one thing for sure - the amount of bass in my 2012 is completely different with the Pioneer D-Series speakers - it's very deep and clean bass. I'd definitely upgrade the speakers - you'll appreciate it - especially now that you've finally enabled the BBE processor in your GM1010!! ;-)

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
752 Posts
I was about to say this as well. Before I got a double din, I had a single Din Kenwood for a few years and I had no gripes about that setup. It worked perfectly and left some money so I could upgrade the crappy door speakers.

If they haven't already been replaced by the previous owner usually one of the door speakers will just die randomly.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yeah my kenwood is pretty nice, I swear by the quality of that company. However, not what brought up that topic lol. I just don't like how aftermarket single din units look in the dash of these cars is all lol.

As I appreciate the info and tips, and am always having some new info to learn, I am actually rather experienced in car audio having wired in numerous full in sound systems in multiple cars. My least favorite being a Saab (stupid company).

Like the adapter for the factory head unit to hook an amp up to it. Will it work, yes, will it sound better than snipping the amp control into a speaker somewhere. Definitely, will it have the sound quality of wiring directly onto the back of an aftermarket deck, probably not. But worth it to me for the family look. I will always love a factory look.

Unless it's an older car with an already single din unit. Then whateves

21 - 33 of 33 Posts